+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl at work

Girl at work

So Im working in a big company and for one month im currently working in a different department. Theres this girl that i grow to like pretty quickly and then to my joy one night Im out with a couple of the other guys have said that she has said she likes me.

Anyway, I thought at the time the best strategy would be to keep it calm until the month is nearly up before making any moves, just to avoid that office romance or possible office rejection!!

So the first week is fine, keeping it friendly . . . and then the second week (last week) its just so cold?!?!?! Im talking she doesnt acknowledge me, never talks to me, really like im not there. It kind of weirded me out a bit and i got quite nervous and went a bit quiet in the office especially as im the new guy who nobody really knows.

So my question for the females here is, wtf? some people have said shes playing hard to get, maybe she found out the other guys told me abuot her liking me. but the level of indifference jus seems a bit much for someone playing hard to get. maybe she never liked me, fair enough but why ignore me this much, im only tryin to get on with people that im temporarily work with.

What can i do to make a move, my moves normally follow on from friendly chat, this would make it pretty difficult. should i jus forget it?

let's start with e-restablishing friendly chat. you went out with her you said, so it shouldn't be that difficult. and when you're talking with her, be sure to pick up on signals that she's sending you. when you get this far, post again and we'll go from there. best of luck, buddy...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Yeah weve been out at the same time, not together strictly speaking.

The problem is, me liking her and her ignoring me makes me nervous in the office, that coupled with the fact that still not really being part of the gang as it were in the office ie. not really knowing people very well, makes it hard for me to be my normal self, and be friendly and chatty, still I hear what your saying and i will definitely try. . .role on Monday!!

alright, so lets pretend that you've known your new co-workers forever on monday. so, just go in there and forget about her while you're working. try to start a friendly conversation during a break, nothing romantic. be confident, and don't worry about her ingnoring you. she may just be overwhlemed if she found out that someone told her that she liked you.
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch