+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need opinions / advice

Need opinions / advice

Hi!

For about a week ago I invited a girl out on a date. I have never spoken with her before or anything but she had caught my eyes quite a few times. Since I never got the chance to speak alone with her, I took the chance and invited her out on a date and hoping for the best. It paid off, she gave me her number and a few days later I called her. We agreed to meet at a restaurant close to us both. I was very nervous because she seemed like a girl for me, so naturally i wouldn't blow it by being TOO relaxed or TOO upfront. After a nice conversation at the restaurant (we'd cover all of the basics knowledge about each other) we left and I asked her if she would like to go to Tivoli (which some of you might now - a beautiful danish garden which just had opened their Christmas theme). She did and we walked to Tivoli and the rest of the evening went well and I followed her home and said I would like to see her again soon. She agreed.

On the way home from her I suddenly got struck by a huge depression and when I got home I realised how boring and dullI was at the date. I never crossed the 'superficial talk'. I'm usually the guy who gets people laughing and relaxed.

So the next day - in school - we said hi to each other and didn't talk as much. So the next day I send her a SMS where I asked her if she would wanna hang out again soon. She haven't answered (there has gone 2 days).

Did I blew it at first date? Many of my friends says that I couldn't have blewn on the first date. But I feel so hopeless.

The strangest thing of all is that I'm not sad about her not returning my SMS because I can't blame her for not. I feel more dissapointed in myself because I was what I was at the date.

My plan tomorrow when I see her in school is to approach her and ask one more time.

Any advice, people? I need some guidance. I'm not very experienced in any lovesituations or in dating.

/DG
    Last edited by DanishDude; 20-11-06 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Typos

ask her out again. because you already know her, it might be a little bit easier to make her laugh this time.
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Oh, my God- you've fallen down a black hole.

I think for yourself more than her you need to make some kind of gesture to show how interested and interesting you are. Nothing over-the-top, you don't want to freak her out, but bring her a flower at school or something. Maybe she'll like it, maybe she won't, but at least you'll feel like you've set yourself apart from the boring first impression you think you made.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishDude View Post
    Hi!

For about a week ago I invited a girl out on a date. I have never spoken with her before or anything but she had caught my eyes quite a few times. Since I never got the chance to speak alone with her, I took the chance and invited her out on a date and hoping for the best. It paid off, she gave me her number and a few days later I called her. We agreed to meet at a restaurant close to us both. I was very nervous because she seemed like a girl for me, so naturally i wouldn't blow it by being TOO relaxed or TOO upfront. After a nice conversation at the restaurant (we'd cover all of the basics knowledge about each other) we left and I asked her if she would like to go to Tivoli (which some of you might now - a beautiful danish garden which just had opened their Christmas theme). She did and we walked to Tivoli and the rest of the evening went well and I followed her home and said I would like to see her again soon. She agreed.

On the way home from her I suddenly got struck by a huge depression and when I got home I realised how boring and dullI was at the date. I never crossed the 'superficial talk'. I'm usually the guy who gets people laughing and relaxed.

So the next day - in school - we said hi to each other and didn't talk as much. So the next day I send her a SMS where I asked her if she would wanna hang out again soon. She haven't answered (there has gone 2 days).

Did I blew it at first date? Many of my friends says that I couldn't have blewn on the first date. But I feel so hopeless.

The strangest thing of all is that I'm not sad about her not returning my SMS because I can't blame her for not. I feel more dissapointed in myself because I was what I was at the date.

My plan tomorrow when I see her in school is to approach her and ask one more time.

Any advice, people? I need some guidance. I'm not very experienced in any lovesituations or in dating.

/DG

THIS is where you went wrong. Seriously.

Why do guys insist on looking 10 dates down the road, instead of just enjoying the night? She sensed you were thinking seriously about it, most likely, and is a little frightened.