+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speak to me!

Speak to me!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and just thought I'd throw a shout out and give a little bit about myself. I am currently 21, a student at Avila University. I graduated high school early at the age of 16 and attained my M.B.A. last semester and I am currently working on a Ph.D Business Administration.

Due to my accelerated schedule in high school I never related well with anyone, the students my age were too immature and the ones I went to classes with weren't interested in me due to age. Because of this, I have had very few relationships and even fewer that lasted more than a week or two. Only one relationship I had lasted a year and just barely that.

My longest relationship ended in excruciating pain. She wanted to help a gentleman out of what he had done to himself. He was a drug dealer and a regular addict of everything from coke to heroin. Long story short she ended up doing those drugs, breaking up with me and she is now a stripper at the local joint to pay for her addictions with her new husband.

I met my current girlfriend about 5 months ago, which was another 5 months after that last relationship had ended so terribly. I met her online in a game, World of Warcraft, where we became friends quickly. Over the next few months we grew closer to where we are now. She currently resides in a college town nine hours away and we plan on moving near if not together within the next six months.

Our relationship isn't without problems, however. We aren't together, but we're not friends either. It's an awkward balance we have until we can physically date. We act like any couple would. I go see her, we tell each other all the same things couples would, we're just not official. In any case, this is more due to distance than anything.

I enjoy sports, mostly paintball but also lacrosse, football, hockey and hunting. I enjoy building computers, writing software and playing PC games from FPS to MMORPGs. Another one of my favorite things to do is watching K at photo shoots, K being the name both she and I go by, confusingly enough. I enjoy the atmosphere of photography, although most of the ladies are anything but intelligent or wise.

K is nothing like the ladies she works with, she knows much more about the street than I ever could, and her scholastic abilities rival my own. I never though I could fall in love with someone over the internet, but we are a testimate to the endless possibilities when it comes to love.

In any case I hope I have given you a glimpse into myself and thank you for the time taken to read this. I hope I can recieve and give great advice in the near future, knowledge surrounds us in others. It is our job to consume it.

m3k
    Last edited by protonjai; 21-11-06 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey buddy. Welcome.

It sounds like you have a lot of complicated stories to share, as well as a love-affair with the seedier side of life.

FYI- I was born on the wrong side of the tracks, but have found that where you come from does not necessarily determine where you go. I'm concerned about K's involvement with "photography". Would you care to elaborate?
    Spammer Spanker

I have many very complicated stories to tell, I hope you all get to hear most of them.

Of course I will elaborate! K does primarily fashion shoots for up and coming designers focusing on full body coverage but she does do occasional swimsuit and lingerie shoots. Her contract is about to expire and they have offered her a new contract worth about three times the previous for legal reasons but she is unsure of a future in this company. She hasn't done any nude photography and doesn't plan on it.

We sometimes discuss doing photos, videos and whatnot for our own personal pleasure since we don't get to see each other often right now, but none of this has come to fruition.

Good. Don't do that. Keep it clean. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Six months is not too long to wait. How often do you get to see one another?

BTW- your ex was crazy. Don't take it personally.
    Spammer Spanker

I agree, my ex was a real bitch.

We have seen each other 4 times over the past two months, every other weekend.

I have to admit I'm not used to such an extended endeavor for relationships, let alone still being friends/dating, hell I'm not sure what to call it. We act like we're boyfriend/girlfriend but our "title" is friends.

She knows I used to be a mac, I'd have anywhere between two to four girls around me at once in the past. That's one other big reason besides school that I never had real relationships. I was too busy mac'n on all the girls I could get my hands on and never dated any of them for real. I think that is one major reason beyond distance that she has decided to wait as long as she has. Perhaps she wants to make sure I'm serious. I've told her I'd wait my entire life just to have her as my own and it's the truth so here I wait.

I'll bet you're getting as much out of being made to wait as she is making you wait. So this is new for you, huh?
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, it's difficult. Sometimes I lose it, I wonder why she's waiting, what's wrong with me. I have to intentionally think rationally that these things when they're real take a lot more time than I'm used to.

I don't yell, I can't get mad. Not at her...I am completely incapable of such feelings towards her. She has told me things, done things that I would dump another girl in a heartbeat over, like simply going out with any other guy one on one. She ensures me they weren't dates, that she couldn't possibly consider them dates because of how much she cares for me.

That's confusing to me. If she cared, why aren't we together? Sometimes it's a vicious circle in my head of self doubt, I have to continually remind myself to give it time.

Um, I don't really want to start trouble, but I have to ask.... are you her bitch?
    Spammer Spanker

I can't say I am, though reading above it does seem to come off like she's dragging me along for a ride. Like I said, I think about that stuff sometimes.

We have a very mutually respective relationship at the moment and we're comfortable where we are for the time being. She does my breakfast, lunch and dinner, does my laundry, makes a martini when she's up and even cleans my house. On the same token I treat her like a Queen every moment I'm with her, it's give and take.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by protonjai View Post
    I can't say I am, though reading above it does seem to come off like she's dragging me along for a ride. Like I said, I think about that stuff sometimes.

We have a very mutually respective relationship at the moment and we're comfortable where we are for the time being. She does my breakfast, lunch and dinner, does my laundry, makes a martini when she's up and even cleans my house. On the same token I treat her like a Queen every moment I'm with her, it's give and take.
    Weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Weirdness.
    You've only heard the beginning.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by protonjai View Post
    You've only heard the beginning.
    I've got time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I've got time.
    I'm an open book, just tell me the chapter and I'll read it off to you.

Okay, I like the Martini chapter.

Actually, I like the whole idea of people who aren't used to sublimating their own desires subjugating themselves to their SO, mutually. So you're her bitch, and she's your bitch. I think that's kinda sexy. Good for you both.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 21-11-06 at 11:51 PM.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast