+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nintendo wii

anachronistic Guest

nintendo wii

you're never too old for a video game. so has anyone else heard about how the specs on this thing? you wave the controller around and apparently thats how you move around in videogames. this could be revolution in gaming. nintendo ds's touch screen added a lot to its game play; i can't imagine what this controller could do for videogames on the wii.

i always like the different controller type games. i liked dance dance revolution, i liked the dk jungle beat and i liked the nintendo ds. i'm going to give this wii thing a shot too.

i wish the other videogame companies would utilize in more ways than better graphics. this is why i haven't bought a playstation 2 or even a regular xbox. and i probably won't get their successors either. $600 some dollars????

i'm going to just pay $250 for the wii, which i would probably like more anyways. and ofcourse the zelda game (zelda and metroid are the 2 continuing game series i like)
    Last edited by anachronistic; 25-11-06 at 01:02 AM.

Life is too short to waste it playing No-friend-o.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    thats a funny name lol.

however, i do have friends, and a girlfriend. its not like i sit all day and play videogames. im in a band too.

atleast i dont waste my time doing drugs or anything... i know a few stupid people that do that.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    thats a funny name lol.

however, i do have friends, and a girlfriend. its not like i sit all day and play videogames. im in a band too.

atleast i dont waste my time doing drugs or anything... i know a few stupid people that do that.
    I used to play Counter-Strike professionally, but I'm moving into pro-Quake gaming. You into PC games at all, or do you waste your time with consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    I used to play Counter-Strike professionally, but I'm moving into pro-Quake gaming. You into PC games at all, or do you waste your time with consoles?
    Consoles are better. I haven't touched a game in years, but when the psthree comes out in Europe I'm gonna' be on like a dog on heat.

Metal gear solid "ftw".

anachronistic Guest
    yea i play pc games, but the only online one that i play is diablo ii. which you prolly don't play even though your avatar is the dark wanderer lol. lots of people still play d2 believe it or not. most of the stuff i do on computer is graphic art and 3d modeling though... i screwed around with html a bit but i like the fine arts more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Consoles are better. I haven't touched a game in years, but when the psthree comes out in Europe I'm gonna' be on like a dog on heat.

Metal gear solid "ftw".
    Consoles are good for certain games and that is it. They are not better than PCs. PS3 sucks and I am not going to buy it. I will how ever get a Wii.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    yea i play pc games, but the only online one that i play is diablo ii. which you prolly don't play even though your avatar is the dark wanderer lol. lots of people still play d2 believe it or not. most of the stuff i do on computer is graphic art and 3d modeling though... i screwed around with html a bit but i like the fine arts more.
    Haha, I used to play a LOT of Blizzard's games. I know everybody still plays them; shit, they even play Warcraft II today! It's incredibly strategy-oriented, which amazes me. I love it.

As far as 3D modeling, what software do you use? I've played around with XSI, 3DS, but mostly Maya. LOTS and lots of Maya.... I've used Maya since 3.0, and 8.0 is out now.... Yeah, I rule.

[url]http://www.whitepaperclip.com/files/flowers.jpg[/url]

^ Mine, entirely from scratch. Maya + Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Video games and systems (Wii included) are best when played with friends. I'd say about 90% of the time I spend gaming is with friends, it's the best excuse for trash talk. I don't really know where I'm going with this except to say that gaming doesn't have to be an isolating activity for friendless nerds.

I am, by the way, in nooooo way defending sitting alone playing games and eating funyuns. That is unless you're Zarathu and you're makin cash-money playin' games. There's also an exception for cripples and rich people
    Last edited by TDurden; 25-11-06 at 01:13 PM.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

King Zarathu Guest
    I'm more entertaining than video games.

I'll keep you up longer.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Consoles are good for certain games and that is it. They are not better than PCs. ps sucks and I am not going to buy it. I will how ever get a Wii.
    You should at least back up your claims with reasons. so why do you think the PS3 sucks?

anachronistic Guest
    As far as 3D modeling, what software do you use? I've played around with XSI, 3DS, but mostly Maya. LOTS and lots of Maya.... I've used Maya since 3.0, and 8.0 is out now.... Yeah, I rule.
    thats pretty good; my own equipment is outdated; in my freetime i use photoshop 7 and 3ds max 5.0, at work i am a graphic artist, where i use cs(not cs 2) and at school i use maya and cs 2, and i can currently work with any of the new programs at my school (i believe the latest 3ds max available is 8?)

and i'd show you art work but im too lazy to get a photo thingy on the internet and yea.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    You should at least back up your claims with reasons. so why do you think the PS3 sucks?
    (sorry for double posting)

i have nothing against ps3, other than its lack of creative gameplay. basically its only advancement is graphics. im not against graphics or anything, i just wish that they would get a little more unique gameplay

because the opposed nintendo wii combines its acceptable 3d graphics(which aren't much better than the gamecube) with a tremendous ammount of gameplay (hence the new controller)
    i also like its wireless design (even though wireless hardware isn't the most secure) and its backwards compatability with gamecube games. hell, you can even go on the internet and download roms to it! this is great for those of us who grew up in the NES and SNES era, and didn't get the chance to experience every game out there (i have some roms on my computer too!!! )

Eurasian says:

"You should at least back up your claims with reasons. so why do you think the PS3 sucks?"

I believe what jurupa probably means is that PCs come out with better graphics cards and other upgrades every year while you're stuck with what you buy in terms of consoles. In 2-3 yrs from now, all the next gen consoles will be outdated technology. The PS3 costs $600 and doesn't bring anything 'new to the table,' so to speak, besides better graphics than the PS2. It is more expensive than both the X-Box 360 and Nintendo Wii combined, and it doesn't have as many promising games either.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post

I believe what jurupa probably means is that PCs come out with better graphics cards and other upgrades every year while you're stuck with what you buy in terms of consoles. In 2-3 yrs from now, all the next gen consoles will be outdated technology. The PS3 costs $600 and doesn't bring anything 'new to the table,' so to speak, besides better graphics than the PS2. It is more expensive than both the X-Box 360 and Nintendo Wii combined, and it doesn't have as many promising games either.
    i agree with this post, but here are some more points.

yes you are stuck with a console when you get it. but it is compatible for every game on that system, no?

my pc isn't compatible with every game and it is fairly new (and with upgrades) most computers also have a limit to which you can upgrade to. for example, mine can't go past a gig of ram. computers are also more expensive than videogame consoles(if you want a good one) and aren't always designed for gaming(unless you make one yourself or buy from a brand like alienware, which runs as high as a couple grand) and within a year, your computer could be outdated; example, all those dual core, and new processors for the new OS's out there.

also, it was probably over/under-exaggerated, but videogame consoles generally come out every 4-5 years
    Last edited by anachronistic; 26-11-06 at 04:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast