4 57.14%
  • Hell no...

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age Differences?

Age Differences?

Hey guys,

I was re-reading over mdhurt2's post about interracial love. I'm truly sorry that she has been put in such a position, but this made me think about a similar topic. Another big issue in relationships is age differences. Like I had said in a previous post, my aunt and uncle are somewhere around 25 years apart and they have a very strong relationship and are so sexual I want to vomit. Although they have a tight knit bond, they have to deal with other factors such as deciding whether or not to have children, what to do if the elder falls ill, etc. I'm interested to see what you guys think about age differences, especially those of the 20 year range and beyond (Anna Nicole Smith Style lol)...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

anachronistic Guest
    what do i think? i think it is wrong. my max range for a girl younger than me is 2 years. for girls older than me, 20 is the limit. but when i turn 18, that goes up to 21 (3 months)

imagine being 60 and falling for a 40 year old woman, though. does it seem as bad? maybe it does...who knows...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

anachronistic Guest
    at 60, i would want a woman within 10 years of my own age.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think after the childbearing years, age differences become less shocking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I guess you also have to take into consideration the physical facts: sex drives/peaks are at different points in people's lives. I don't think a 70 year old guy could handle a 24 year old girl's sexual peak...wow...bad images...

-Hitch

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is a gigantic difference between couples who are 24 and 70 and those that are 40 and 60. Aside from the sex drive differences which can be overcome via medicine and sex toys, 24 year olds are still developing into adults.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ever see Harold and Maude? That movie grossed me out. That's obviously an extreme example, but still I think age differences matter a lot, especially when there's kids involved.

For instance, 40 and 60 having a kid would be pretty messed up. That kid could have one of their parents die before their teenage years. I realize that's also an issue related to conception in later years but it's more likely to happen if a man marries young.

There's also the issue of common interests. My parents are 15 years apart in age and that's a large enough generation gap that they have very different world views which becomes an issue from time to time. I can't see that not being a problem for couples whose ages vary greatly.

I say up to 10 years max either way before it gets weird and potentially problematic.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

sazzya1987 Guest
    I think when a girl/guy is a legal adult (usually 18) then I think it is up to her/him to decide what guy/girl (even if he/she is older) he/she would like to date.

When a girl/guy is in her'his teens, like 15 and dating a 20 year old then I think thats wrong. I even think its wrong if the girl/guy is 15 or yuonger dating someone who is 18.

Several of the people I know are in happy, monogamous relationships with partners up to 10 years in age difference, granted they're 30 and 35 year olds who own every videogame console down to intellivision but my point is less that there are some adults who just refuse to grow up and more there are young adults who are more grown up then some adults.
    Last edited by drano; 23-12-06 at 11:54 AM.