+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my (ex)bf asked me to wait for 6 months?!

my (ex)bf asked me to wait for 6 months?!

Hi everyone,

Recently, I got back with my ex bf who who we were very much in love two years ago. We were together for about 2 1/2 years during 2002-2004/5. It ended because I asked for a break from relationship. During which that time, I was going through depression because of school which I never seek helped.

Till recently after two long years, I decided to pick up my courage of contacting him. Then, when I asked for a break, he tried to woo me back, win my heart doing every possible means for a few months but he was crashed for getting me back. I wanted to be left alone then cos everything in school wasn't going right for me.

I went through alot of effort to finally get hold of him recently with the help of his friend. He tried to avoid me after many times of trying to contact him.

We were together for about two months and during which, both of us weren't exactly accepting each other- think about two years apart and zero contact maybe that could be the prob?

We ended off and he told me to give him six months time to meet at the place we last meet. I tried to text him recently and ask to meet him in person he said no and see me in six months.

Should I just let the love i used to believe go and move on or should I wait?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should figure out things in your life first before contacting him or getting into any other relationship. Then when you do that, start fresh. It sounds like you put this guy thru enough for now.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Yes, I agree that I need to start to re-evaluate myself, very importantly. I want to start fresh. I am working very hard on that right now.

I can't understand why he wanted me to wait for him for six months with nothing guarantee. He wants to do his things. Should I?

Why six months? Did he give you a reason for this? That's a long time. There's something wrong with this picture.

Yes, he said that he wants to 'settle his own stuff' like getting into college, his computer games and taking up salsa even if the risk of us not being together later. He told me that he would be waiting there 6 months later.

We had a lot of hiccups during our second try.

He asked me to be his gf on our third date. Yes, we may have had some history together but I turned him down and I said I cant gave him an answer because I don't know him well after two years not being together. I was tryin to look at him as a brand new person. He threw me an ultimatum: either I said yes or he would walk away and I will never see him again.

I was very relunctantly to say yes even though I wanted him- that was the purpose of me looking for him again.

I understood that he had a relationship about one or two months before I came back looking for him. I know that the girl he dated broke up with him for his reason of her parents not approving. I suspected that he got back with me cos he needs a rebound.

He lied to me alot of things. I cannot believe that this guy has changed so much. He thought i didn't know that he lied. It was upseting to see this guy you used to be so madly in love with who was so honest with you, never lied to you become a total opposite of that.

I felt like I really don't know him anymore but a liar. One thing is is fighting that is the fact that we have had a wonderful time then. I admit that the past with him is sth that I am clinging on to. Believing that he would come around.

He is really making me confused. Why six months? And ask me to give him a month then contact him but better still, don't even contact him at all. Try not to call him at all. That's what he said. TO hear the words coming out from him was unbelievable. We tried to communicate but I get more and more upset when I know that he is not trying at all. He spends more time playing his computer games than spending time with me. I knew there was sth wrong.

He was basically acting like a jerk.

My ex was out to get me. He seek for revenge and he wasn't serious at all with the relationship.

Of all ppl, he has to be the one who was being really low and tried to satisfied himself how the way I asked for a break a couple years ago.

I was very pissed initially but now I feel sorry for him but I will not empathize with him. It is disappointing to know that someone you once madly in love gets back with you for a ulterior motive.

I have never look down someone this much. It was unbelievable. He's a manipulative and a genuine jerk.

He claimed that he 'loves' me but in reality he is crazy over this girl who is no longer in the country and they had sex when they barely know each other.

He has been lying all along, he wasn't being honest to us, to himself right from the start of our relationship.

Though I was hurt, but for once, I have been truly honest and truthful towards us.

And being drama and tell me to wait for him 7pm, the last spot we met six months later? What else could be in his sleeves? i can't believe he's so selfish.

Why does he wants to do that? To attempt to hurt to test me?