+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best Friends Sister???

Best Friends Sister???

Hey guys n' girls..

So... I'm trying to pull myself back together but I've taken a bad turn...

I met one of my best friends sisters and haven taken a liking to her. I'm assuming its best just to leave this one go but I'm gonna write about it anyway.

A good friend of mine who've I've known since I was in school (we're both 22 now). Due to logistics its only really now over the xmas that I've spent much time around his house since we usualy meet up to go out and do stuff. Anyway, I kindof met his sister lately for the first time only. We did't talk much but I kind of caught her looking my way a few times when we were all sitting together. We were in his house the last night playing cards and I was choosing the music off my MP3 player cos my friends like to play 70's music all the time. She came in and was basically the only one in the room who knew the music I was choosing and seemed to take an interest in the stuff I was choosing. I know... not exactly cinderella stuff but I think she's a really nice girl but its not like I'm gonna see her much and even if I did... would my friend approve...

What do ye think... is it better to leave a friends sisters alone for the sake of friendship or could it work if I tried? Would ye try to see her more and how? Or would ye leave it go?

Would it necessarily mess up your friendship with this guy if you were to date his sister? Were you planning on treating her badly or something?
    Spammer Spanker

I agree- as long as you're gonna treat her well, I don't really see the problem. talk about it with your friend first, just out of respect.

I met my bf because he was a friend of my brother, and was at our house mainly to hang out with him. heh, then ended up hanging out with me a lot. And you know what he did? He asked my brother. He also talked to my parents. It was really sweet. I love that guy
    Last edited by Tiay; 01-01-07 at 09:07 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    the biggest question you need to ask yourself is "is my best friend worth losing, if things go wrong?" you don't have to answer it on here, but think about it.

That is a risk, but even if you do break up with his sister later on, if you do it maturely, you shouldn't loose your friend- but you wont be able to go entirely no contact on her, either.

I don't really see any risk. Just ask your friend first, to let him know, and then

if she likes you and you like her, and you're not going to treat her bad, then

why not go out with her? Besides I think it would even strenghten your

Friendship with your friend since you're dating his sister. But watch out not

to start only seeing his sister and shoving him in a corner or something.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One of my sisters married my brother's best friend, so I don't think this is at all unusual. Just tell your friend you are interested in dating his sister, but don't act like a pig-man if/when you date her or you will lose her AND your friend.

BTW - this advice stands only if she is within a couple of years of your age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for the advice. I guess there's nothing technically wrong with it, its just my usual self of being too shy and not knowing how in the hell to swing this one.
    Yeah, she is within my age bracket.

Having said all that, I think you guys were right in the other thread about my other problems. This girl was just someone I thought was sweet but bottom line is nobody wants to be dragged into my mess and my life, and I wouldn't even know how to get a date anyway.
    It's been a year now since I've been with anyone and I'm really starting to feel lonely. But it'll probably have to stay that way until I learn how to overcome my current situation and figure out how to be a bit stronger mentally, right now I feel lower than I ever have in my life because of all this.. its like a catch 22 situation.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's plenty of risk.

I've done this before. Most relationships end. How is your best friend going to handle it when it does?