+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating my best friends sister who is also a friend....somewhat complicated.

Dating my best friends sister who is also a friend....somewhat complicated.

Okay, I have a situation where I really want to tell one of my very good friends how I feel about her. But the problem is, she is my best friend's sister. We've all known each other for about 12 years, and are all very close. I think me and this girl have always had feelings for each other, and I really want to find out if she feels the same way I do now. I think she does, well I hope she does, we always go out together and have a good time, and she always compliments me and hugs me. But I don't want to risk ruining the relationship that I have with her, or her brother if she doesn't feel the same. I'd talk to her brother about it, but hes deployed in Iraq right now, and I don't want to bother him with this while hes over there.

I really want to tell her how I feel, we are so close and I think it could develope into a great relationship. But I'm just afraid of the consequences with her if she doesn't feel the same, or with her brother if it does work out. Advice appreciated, thanks

Tone Guest
    Get brother's permission first. Then talk to the girl.

I agree with Tone, but i wouldn't call it "permission". I'd call it "informing"...

Tough situation but I wouldnt' ask him before talking to her. Here's why....If you ask him first and he tells you that it isn't a good idea or even worse gets really upset (which happens more often then not) you pretty much have to stop there and respect his wishes...if you still go for it, your friendship might end and you might not even get her...On the other hand, there's a better chance if you ask her...she either feels or doesn't feel anything for you...If she does, you then tell her brother and give him some time to get use to it..If she doesn't feel the same way, you can just forget about the whole thing and go back to being friends.