+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Decision Point

Decision Point

I haven't posted hardly at all about this so I'll just give a quick sum up. There's a girl I really like (Amy), we've been hanging out for a year and I've managed to avoid the friend zone. She knows I like her but things have been dodgy in the past. I'm actually fairly sure she likes me too. There's more to it than that but nothing crucial.

So it's been two months since I've seen Amy and I'm thinking I need to make a call soon about what to do.

The reason it's been so long is that about a month ago I tried calling her and found out that at that point she wasn't doing too great. She was stressed and overwhelmed with school and other things, so I figured it was not a good time to try and talk about a relationship. Winter break has now come and gone and I'm thinking about what next to do. The way I see it, I have two choices. I either talk to her soon about a relationship in and be very blunt about it and get an answer. Or I wait until she's totally over whatever is going on and talk about it then.

Obviously it'd be better to talk to her when everythings alright, but I don't know how long that'll take and I'm worried that by the time that happens, it'll be far too late. And then of course if I'm blunt right now it could just **** it all up and there would unlikely be anything left to salvage.

I know what the healthiest thing for me to do is concerning my own well being, but this isn't about that. I just need to know what path is most likely to get a positive reaction from her.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm.. With the exception of a loved one dying, I can't imagine what might make her too stressed out for romance, so I vote you talk now.

BTW - have you not spoken to her at all in a month? Are you waiting for another guy to come along and sweep her off her feet?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Okay, from personal experience, the guy who gets the prize is the guy who's there for us when we need him. Invest emotionally. This pays off in gold. Call her NOW and tell her you've been thinking about her since the last time you talked to her. Don't let her think you let her slip your mind for one minute. Don't give her any doubts to latch on to.

DO NOT WAIT until she's over whatever she's going through. Get in now while she's raw- I am not kidding, you can make an impression now that will last a lifetime. (Make it a good one, obviously.)

I think you're a good person, Ben (hope I'm right). You seem solid. I'll bet she could use some of that right about now, if she's going through some turmoil. Call her now. Okay, tomorrow, since it's after midnight where you are.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks for the advice. I'll call her tomorrow.
    Last edited by TDurden; 08-01-07 at 05:52 AM.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Well, then, it probably feels like some kind of alternate universe to her right now. Isn't she lucky she has you? Seriously, how many girls her age have someone as itelligent, aware and emotionally present as you in their lives? Lucky bitch, that Amy.

All I had at her age was Mr. Wake-and-Bake Pot-head. I had to wait until I was 20 to meet the Real Thing. Damn, I should find him and thank him. See, Ben? See what kind of effect you could have if you play your cards right?
    Spammer Spanker