+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unhappy in a relationship but for no reason

unhappy in a relationship but for no reason

Hello, i am (as always) a little confused. I am dating a girl who is great, she is almost everything i have wanted in partner, and i dont think there are many women out there that are better than her, not many at all.

But i want to do more things in my life. Im 19, i want to get wasted and have one night stands, I want to have a gf from Europe, i want one from South America. I want to go on vacation meet a girl go out and have a great time. I want to go out dancing get high and flirt with a girl at the club. I want to live a little.

But i dont feel I can justify breaking up with the current gf. Im not ready to move on for marriage (not by a long shot), but i just feel horrible thinknig about this. She hasnt done anything wrong. We hang out and we are happy. But there are more things i want to do. To make matters worse next year she is moving in with some of my other female friends and i dont want things to be awkward.

What do you think i should do?

You must tell her now. Dont drag out whats not real.

Have her seriously rethink moving within 100 miles of you.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

I think you should break up with her and let her find somebody who is madly in love with her and wants nothing more than to be by her side.

The timing just isn't right for the two of you. It doesn't have to be the end of the world. IMO, this dissatisfaction will only get worse until you find yourself picking fights with her and trying to get a little of the life you want on the side. Ugly. Don't do this.

Try to be as kind about it as you possibly can, and by that I mean be honest, but don't give her details. Say, "I feel that you're the kind of girl I'd like to settle down with, but I'm not ready to settle down." Then kindly shut the door and walk away. If you're not hurtful, you shouldn't feel guilty about hurting her.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by BFTrick View Post
    But i want to do more things in my life. Im 19, i want to get wasted and have one night stands, I want to have a gf from Europe, i want one from South America. I want to go on vacation meet a girl go out and have a great time. I want to go out dancing get high and flirt with a girl at the club. I want to live a little.
    I understand the live a little part, but those are all stupid ideas. Specially the one night stand part. Imagine ever meeting a guy who had a one night stand with your wife once you have one. I would kill people.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're 19. You have every right to have a great time. Relationships are utterly pointless at your age. Break up with her as gently as possible and do your thing, make some mistakes, have some fun. There will be plenty of time for responsibility when you're 60 and you can't get it up naturally anyway.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The things you want to experience are normal for a 19 year old. Tell her you care about her and that is why you are breaking things off rather than run around behind her back. After that, be careful not to allow yourself to get caught up in another long term relationship until you are ready. Girls your age have a very different objective than guys generally do.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah, like babies.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yeah, like babies.
    lol
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    At 19-20?! Good God! Why are girls such masochists?! Why in God's name would you want to saddle yourself with a baby at 19?!

Blows my mind.
    I've known lots of girls who did this, and I concluded that, for the most part, they didn't have the confidence to face being an adult in their own right. You have no idea how many subtle and insidious obstacles young women face just trying to grow up in this world.
    Spammer Spanker

ok well. this is all academic now. She broke up with me! She was convinced that i didnt like her, and that i was avoiding her (neither of which true). Ironic. A blessing.

Right on! Careful what you wish for, right?
    Spammer Spanker

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sweeeeeeeeet
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You have no idea how many subtle and insidious obstacles young women face just trying to grow up in this world.
    Yea, right.

right...so you know how magically she broke up with me. Well she googled my alias and found this forum. She read this thread, and a bunch of others. Thats why we broke up. My privacy was violated. Ehhh.

Why didn't you use some odd name no one would know? something out of the blue? like jumpinghumpingrabits?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast