+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talking to a girl i like

talking to a girl i like

I am 14 years old and in 8th grade. Unfortunately, the girl I like is in 7th grade; so I dont see her in school very much; maybe once or twice in the hallway. We ride the same bus and thats the only time I can see her. I've never had a girlfriend b4 and nor ever felt this way to a girl before. I'm totally open to other girls but i'm a little shy to the one i like. i mean talking to other girls is easy but its just different trying to talk to this one I kinda already made a plan. 1.have some long conversations with her for a while (make her comfortable being around me) 2.ask her out at the end of one. I need help on step 1. What do i talk about? i cant really find what interests she has because i cant talk to her friends at all. (bc they're all in 7 grade too). Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I want to ask her out b4 valentines day

I think 13 is to young to be dating, not that me dating at 14.7 (summer after grade 9) isn't, t i would advise against dating in grade 7. I don't know about everyone but i feel it's just a bad idea. grade 8 is pushing it, i think high school is the earliest time people should date.
    Although if your up to it still i don't have much advice other then don't try and ask desperate, somehow i just know girls can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harris932 View Post
    I am 14 years old and in 8th grade. Unfortunately, the girl I like is in 7th grade; so I dont see her in school very much; maybe once or twice in the hallway. We ride the same bus and thats the only time I can see her. I've never had a girlfriend b4 and nor ever felt this way to a girl before. I'm totally open to other girls but i'm a little shy to the one i like. i mean talking to other girls is easy but its just different trying to talk to this one I kinda already made a plan. 1.have some long conversations with her for a while (make her comfortable being around me) 2.ask her out at the end of one. I need help on step 1. What do i talk about? i cant really find what interests she has because i cant talk to her friends at all. (bc they're all in 7 grade too). Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I want to ask her out b4 valentines day
    Cool.

Don't worry about what to talk about. As soon as you go up to her, you will have something to talk about.

Why don't you just ask her to be your valentine on V-day?

He is 14 and in 8th grade, that is so cute. I would just like to point out that this 14 year old is using periods and nearly decent grammar...that is saying much considering some people come on here and write like they are retarded. "I wit him but he no liky me so I beat ut him on tomorrrow"....then I am like "WHAT THE ****?". Amazing grammar for a 14 year old.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 29-01-07 at 06:34 AM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And you know something, OV? It's really sad. I read some of the posts here and I can't fathom what went wrong. In some cases English is a second language and I'm cool with that. What's everyone else's excuse?

Anyway, to the 14 year old: you don't know her interests and you want to know what to talk about? Okay... ask her what her interests are. People, and women especially, love talking about themselves.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    And you know something, OV? It's really sad. I read some of the posts here and I can't fathom what went wrong. In some cases English is a second language and I'm cool with that. What's everyone else's excuse?

Anyway, to the 14 year old: you don't know her interests and you want to know what to talk about? Okay... ask her what her interests are. People, and women especially, love talking about themselves.
    boy: so what are your interests?

girl: umm....(?)

Don't do that. When you feel the time to talk to her, you will discover the words you want to say to open the door to that relationship.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought it went without saying... Greet her. Talk to her. Ask about her favorite music/tv show/whatever and so on. Sorry I didn't spell it out word for word.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-01-07 at 01:15 PM.

Well try and sit next to her in the bus, and then start talking, ask her what she did over the weekend, or ask her what she plans to do next weekend, or what she is going to do when she gets home. Ask her about her classes. If she is the shy type, u'll probably have to be the one asking questions, if she is not shy after a few questions she'll start talking and you just sit a listen.
    Um you can ask her about some teacher she is taking, I assume you have taken the teachers she is taking. Talk about general stuff and then gradually ask about hobbies/interests that kinda stuff.