+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love/hate issue

Love/hate issue

Is it possible to love someone when it's just the two of you, but somehow hate them in almost any social situation?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost eight months now. When I'm alone with him, it's perfect. He's sweet, and understanding, and fun to be around. However, when we're with friends (both his and/or mine) he turns into someone that pisses me off just about constantly. He tries (and fails) to show off in the lamest ways possible, turns into a huge elitist, and makes me wonder why the hell I'm dating him.

I'm not sure if he's acting differently or if I'm just imagining it. Am I insane? Or are some people just not meant to coexist?

Quote Originally Posted by chica1x2 View Post
    Is it possible to love someone when it's just the two of you, but somehow hate them in almost any social situation?
    Its called a love-hate relationship. They generally are not good to have and only work for various people, you don't seem to be one.

Am I insane?
    Nope.

Or are some people just not meant to coexist?
    Yup.

If you lived on a desert island, it wouldn't matter what other people think and his behavior wouldn't be a problem, but humans are social creatures, and this problem is a big one.

Do other people find him anywhere as annoying as you do? Do your friends make comments about him?
    Spammer Spanker

could be him, could be you. maybe a bit of both. I have experienced the type of person who's sweet and wonderful alone, but turns crazy once surrounded by people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    ... but humans are social creatures, and this problem is a big one.
    Well, not all of them...
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Well, not all of them...
    Some people think they're not social, but they exist in the complex social structure created by everyone around them and rely on it more than they think they do. The hermit in the desert types are really rare.
    Spammer Spanker

Some people think they're not social, but they exist in the complex social structure created by everyone around them and rely on it more than they think they do. The hermit in the desert types are really rare.
    You can rely on it but hate at the same time and ignore it.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

it totally possible when he with his guys friends he wants to show off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think obnoxious public behavior is usually a matter of immaturity. Why don't you just tell him until he learns to behave appropriately in social situations, you don't want to be in public with him? He might get it together more quickly with a little motivation. In a month or so, you can try to go out as a couple again. If he behaves badly, leave immediately. Then you can decide if you think he is worth the effort it takes to train him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Uh would the classical old school geek be classified as a hermit in the desert? But I know I am not that social, but I can keep a conversation going to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami09 View Post
    it totally possible when he with his guys friends he wants to show off.
    Uh like totally dude, lol. Some guys are like this. Why they do it, differs.