+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are you on aim?

are you on aim?

I can't get on aim. All 4 of my computers, some of which use linux, some of which use windows, can't get on aim. My PDA however, CAN get on aim.

I posted on a forum and some people there said they're on aim.

Why the **** are my 4 computers suddenly not allowing me on aim, yet I can access anything else, including yahoo messenger just fine?

Can you reinstall it? There's something wrong with your connection, obviously.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blue toxin View Post
    I can't get on aim. All 4 of my computers, some of which use linux, some of which use windows, can't get on aim. My PDA however, CAN get on aim.

I posted on a forum and some people there said they're on aim.

Why the **** are my 4 computers suddenly not allowing me on aim, yet I can access anything else, including yahoo messenger just fine?
    Get gaim for your Linux partitions. It's source, and you have to compile it--but it's really nice. AIM comes with a shitload of stuff you don't want.

I just reset the router, and it magically worked. I don't know why, considering I could surf the web, email, play online games, etc... kind of a mystery to me.

And I have GAIM. I use GAIM for linux and windows. I used GAIM 1.5, 2.0, AIM 5.9, and AIM 6.0 when I had this problem, and all 4 wouldn't work.

And I don't have to compile jack shit. GAIM comes with the Ubuntu distro, which I use.

anachronistic Guest
    I just reset the router, and it magically worked. I don't know why, considering I could surf the web, email, play online games, etc... kind of a mystery to me.

And I have GAIM. I use GAIM for linux and windows. I used GAIM 1.5, 2.0, AIM 5.9, and AIM 6.0 when I had this problem, and all 4 wouldn't work.

And I don't have to compile jack shit. GAIM comes with the Ubuntu distro, which I use.
    So you have ubuntu also? cool.

Is it the router for your network or router for your internet connection. If it is for your network, then it was most probably had a bunch of packets not removed from internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    So you have ubuntu also? cool.
    Yeah. I run a whole bunch of operating systems.

At school I run XP Pro, Windows Server 2003, and Suse 9 Server Enterprise.

At home I run Win 2k Pro SP4 and Ubuntu Edgy 6.10.

I was considering on trying out a different distro. Some people suggest slackware to me, but most just say dude, if you got Ubuntu, stick with it. After messing around with Suse 9, I'm thinking I may stick with Ubuntu. Suse is so bland and just not set up in the most logical manner it just makes me realize EXACTLY how great Ubuntu is. Also I'm not a huge fan of the KDE desktop environment. I wonder how Kubuntu is with KDE instead of Gnome? I guess if it was any good it wouldn't be trailing miles behind Ubuntu/Gnome...

What version of Ubuntu are you running?

Also, ever mess around with Beryl?

Beryl/XGL/Compiz - Just eye candy.

It depends on your ISP. Sometimes, after an excessive amount of connections from a certain IP/MAC ID, your ISP might cut connections to that server.

In other words, kill yourself for being so ****ing stupid.

anachronistic Guest
    Nice setup, bluetoxin. I just stuck with the default themes on ubuntu. I am running edgy. My graphics card is integrated and if I want compiz or anything, I am going to build up a computer (saving up right now, anyways, for a decent gaming build)

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    You need to get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post

You want to know what's incredibly ****ing ironic? I live in Lancaster PA myself. Watch it pal.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn man, come to Philly and grab a steak with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Damn man, come to Philly and grab a steak with me.
    That sounds like a damn good idea.

No.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    No.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast