+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: blah this dating thing

blah this dating thing

There have been several girls lately that I have deemed worth my time. Yes, you read that properly. Several. Several for the King.

But here's the thing...I am scared shitless of rejection. SHITLESS! But that's a different topic.

I was talking to my friend, and she asked me, "Are you going to ask her on a date or ask her out?"

Me: "What's the ****ing difference?"

Obviously, asking her on a date would be considered dating, and asking her out would be like, "hey lolololzzz u wana b mah gf???? kk? kk lollollllll!!!11"

So, naturally, if I can skip the dating process and get to the "lolz gf" part of the progress bar, I'll do that in a heartbeat (ha! Irony). Now, how do I ask that question without knowing her really well or sounding like a ****ing 12 year old going, "HEYZ wanna go out w/ me ROFL!OL!OL!!OL!"

Seriously.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's no real "easy" way dude.

You might have to be straight up, or throw in a quick hint see her reaction and either take the plunge or retreat.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Try applying your on-line persona to your real life situation.

first you need to talk to the girl you're interested in. Make her laugh and keep the conversation short. If you sense that she's really enjoying talking to you, make up some excuse to end the conversation (e.g. your friend is waiting for you or you need to be somewhere). Then compliment her as a person and ask for her number. For example, you might say "you seem like a really chill person. We should hang out sometime. What's your number?"

Afterwards, all you have to do is invite her to some activity with you. If you don't want to make it seem like a date, then bring some friends along and tell her she's welcome to join. When inviting her, use the word "should" instead of "will you." The former sounds more confident while the later conveys that you're slightly insecure with yourself. Make sure you have a plan when you invite her. You don't want to say "hey, let's hang out on Friday" b/c then it just sounds like you are desperate.

What's wrong with asking a girl to hang out on friday or anyday? that sounds like the best spur of the moment question.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    (e.g. your friend is waiting for you or you need to be somewhere). Then compliment her as a person and ask for her number. For example, you might say "you seem like a really chill person. We should hang out sometime. What's your number?"
    I think you should cut the whole "You seem like a really chill person". Compliment her then proceed onto asking her to hang.

Exemple

"Hey, this has been a great conversation, we should hang out sometime. Whats your digits foo?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    What's wrong with asking a girl to hang out on friday or anyday? that sounds like the best spur of the moment question.
    Should = There is a degree of choice.

Will you = Sounds insecure.

Let's = Not much choice. Sounds more like a demand. As if the girl has little say in the situation.

What Neo was saying has nothing to do with the day, more with the use of words and how they can be interpreted. However, I could be wrong , but I very much doubt so.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Eurasian says:

"I think you should cut the whole "You seem like a really chill person". Compliment her then proceed onto asking her to hang.

Exemple

"Hey, this has been a great conversation, we should hang out sometime. Whats your digits foo?"

saying "this has been a great conversation" sounds too formal. I don't know how well that would work with 16-17 yr old girls.

"What Neo was saying has nothing to do with the day, more with the use of words and how they can be interpreted. However, I could be wrong , but I very much doubt so."

you didn't misinterpret my post.

No, no, no.... While I agree with you all, I already understand attraction very well and I'm really good at it. The problem is, I'm still in high school. Some kids are intelligent, and some kids still go up to one another and say "Will you go out with me?" I'm not even kidding. Yes, they're that ****ing immature.

So in the real world, you always have to go through the "dating" phase and eventually make a physical move to get the point across that you want a relationship?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    No, no, no.... While I agree with you all, I already understand attraction very well and I'm really good at it. The problem is, I'm still in high school. Some kids are intelligent, and some kids still go up to one another and say "Will you go out with me?" I'm not even kidding. Yes, they're that ****ing immature.

So in the real world, you always have to go through the "dating" phase and eventually make a physical move to get the point across that you want a relationship?
    Yes.

Just stop being a pussy and ask her out on a date. Don't skip the date part.

Or you can continue dating snaggletooth that was on your website.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 09-02-07 at 05:26 AM.

I'm not being a pussy, nor have I ever dated "snaggletooth."

I'm particularly looking for advice from Spiffy. Maybe I'll just IM him.

There have been several girls lately that I have deemed worth my time. Yes, you read that properly. Several. Several for the King.
    What happened you opened your eyes?

So, naturally, if I can skip the dating process and get to the "lolz gf" part of the progress bar, I'll do that in a heartbeat (ha! Irony). Now, how do I ask that question without knowing her really well or sounding like a ****ing 12 year old going, "HEYZ wanna go out w/ me ROFL!OL!OL!!OL!"
    You first grow some freaking balls and then walk up to her start a conversation and if things are going well ask her out.

How is that immature? They have the balls to ask a girl out.

Uh no. Usually its a vocal one where you tell the girl you want to have a relationship with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post

Should = There is a degree of choice.

Will you = Sounds insecure.

Let's = Not much choice. Sounds more like a demand. As if the girl has little say in the situation.
    LoL, why does "will you" sound insecure? it is basically just a question.

Because it sounds weak and I doubt you would want "fumble" the question when you are asking a girl out.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a subtle thing.

Believe me, there's a difference between asking, and stating.

Especially so early in a relationship.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask her on a several dates first, and then if you still like her, you can ask her if she wants to be exclusive. Why rush things?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Because it sounds weak and I doubt you would want "fumble" the question when you are asking a girl out.
    Why would I "fumble" it? I can confidently ask her out "will you go out with me? I know this great place!" see..not really all that bad. No pressure, why put pressure on people?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast