+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vday Gift Ideas/What your giving

Vday Gift Ideas/What your giving

I was just curious what everyone is doin for their special someone. My lady likes Lord Byron's poetry so I found a poem that reminds me of her and I'm writing it in calligraphy on tan paper that I will burn the edges on to make it seem old.

What are you guys doin or what good ideas do you have?
    Be true to yourself, this includes taking a step back and realizing that the best thing isnt always the easiest thing in front of you.

Myspace: [url]http://www.myspace.com/131869944[/url]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was gonna buy a black iPod for my girl. Then I was going to get the corniest, cheapest box of heart-shaped chocolates, y'know, with the little cartoon character on the lid, the kind you'd give out in elementary school. Anyway, I was gonna take all the chocolate out, stuff some of the wrappers in it and scrunch the box up so it looks really nasty, then set the iPod inside. After that I'd hand it to her and give her some sorry excuse about how I dropped it and stepped on it on my way over, it's the thought that counts, I'll buy you another... blah blah blah. I'm such a clutz that she'd probably believe me. Then I'd point out that there was still one good piece of chocolate, at least. And viola! She opens it to find the iPod she's been dying for.

But then I started thinking maybe that's a little too much. We had some problems in terms of, well, me not wanting a full-fledged relationship. I'm debating whether I should even call her for V-day, much less hang out and give her a gift.

valentines day: silly made up holiday designed to increase chocolate and teddy bear sales.

I understand that it's nice to have a designated day to remind yourself how lucky you are, how much you love that person, etc, but there's no need to make single people feel bad in the process.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    But then I started thinking maybe that's a little too much. We had some problems in terms of, well, me not wanting a full-fledged relationship. I'm debating whether I should even call her for V-day, much less hang out and give her a gift.
    Yeah, that's a bit much.

Especially if you don't want to go givin' her mixed signals.

sex.____________
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    I'm not sure if I want to get her somethign or not... I have been struggling lately.

I am thinking about getting her a single rose, and then putting it on the hood of her car, during school. The only thing I am worried of is that it will freeze to death or blow away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    valentines day: silly made up holiday designed to increase chocolate and teddy bear sales.
    Agree.

I understand that it's nice to have a designated day to remind yourself how lucky you are, how much you love that person, etc, but there's no need to make single people feel bad in the process.
    I use to feel bad on V-day in the past, but now I only feel a small bit of emotional pain. But the way I looked at it, I have never did anything on V-day so I be saving my money.

My girlfriend is a slut so she gets nothing.

But seriously, she's only been my girlfriend for a month and half so I'm a little nonplussed about what to do. We don't have too much of an emotional connection yet, it's more physical, so I don't really want to get her a card or flowers. I was thinking of taking her out to dinner somewhere, but we do that a fair bit anyway. I always pay.

Do you girls think that is appropriate? Or do you think I should get her a card and/or flowers.

Also I'm trying to save some $$$ to go overseas.

What a shit day. Puts a lot of pressure on us guys, so when you do something nice it's expected. If you did the same thing another day it would put at least a week's worth of head in the bank.

So much pessimism about Vday...

I'm single and I still like Vday, if anything it gives those non-romantic people a reason to try and get a taste of what it feels like. All holidays are good, they give an extra reason to do something, and dont give me the excuse that people can do this anyways, because what is wrong with adding a little more incentive then?

The only people that have a reason to not like Vday are those that have no family or friends. Vday isnt only about that one special romantic love, you can also show your love to your parents, siblings, close relatives, and friends. Those small valentine card packs that you can get at walmart are great for giving out a lot to all your friends. Even then you shouldnt care if other people can enjoy it more than you, get over your ego.
    Be true to yourself, this includes taking a step back and realizing that the best thing isnt always the easiest thing in front of you.

If you did the same thing another day it would put at least a week's worth of head in the bank.
    Oh, you sooo bad! Then why don't you do something like that on a regular day??? Women love that stuff. You're right - it would be a week's worth.

Personally, I am a hopeless romantic, but I kinda feel like everyone else is doing something better than I am on VDay (I hate New Years Eve for the same reason).

Why do you care what everyone else is doing unless its your closest friends or special someone?

human nature. Every girl that I pass on the street I compare in hotness to my girlfriend. When I feel like one of these passers by has 'beaten' my girlfriend I become enraged at how unfair life is and consider breaking up with my girlfriend. Human nature.

Exactly...human nature. It is also sort of a Seinfeld thing. Jerry always thinks other people are doing something more exciting than he is on Saturday night. It was suppose to be humorous. Get it?

They're very serious on this site. They don't understand irony or humour or sarcasm. It's like talking to someone with autism, you have to say exactly what you mean.

I'm sending a Valentine's slowjam (dqslowjam.com) e-card for now. Still working on a real gift...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast