+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What do you look for in a man ?

Let's start with Wiki:

Confidence is trust or faith that a person or thing is capable. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself.

"Capable of what?", you may well ask. I think it's the capability to do what's important to you well. If, for instance, you know that you're a great hockey player and that is the most important thing to you, you'll be brimming with confidence, even if you're crap at almost everything else because you know for sure that you're amazing.

I think confidence with women can be built from confidence in other areas. If you walk through a room thinking, "Wow. Check her out. I'll bet I could make her a cappuccino that would just blow her mind." you'll appear more confident than if you were thinking, "Jesus, I am such a dork. She is really pretty. Oh, shit! She looked at me! What do I do?"

How could anyone know what you're thinking, right? Body language. Don't dismiss it. Subtle facial expressions, the way you hold your shoulders- it all matters.
    Spammer Spanker

I can't wait till somebody falls into my lap.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    I can't wait till somebody falls into my lap.

Face first, preferably.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Face first, preferably.
    Sounds good to me.

the way you hold your shoulders- it all matters.
    So like when my friend has a hump, that is his natural position and he always hold his shoulders up high....like a robot lol. He is basically stuck having all women think that he is not confident? I think confidence is saying what you want to say at a normal time that a person who is not confident would hold back...that doesn't mean talk all the ****ing time either like dumbass jocks.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know, Giga, in regards to what you were saying about women just sort of knowing a guy is right for them, I've noticed stuff like that elsewhere. Other people have pointed this out to me, so it's not like I'm just seeing things. Children--toddlers and babies especially--see me and it's like they're just amazed. They get quiet and stare slackjawed at whatever I do. I dunno. Maybe I smell bad or maybe there's something natural that makes people like me before I even open my fat mouth.

I worked in a store for a year or so and it would happen all the time. Customer would come in with a kid and the little dude or dudette would lock eyes on me and follow my every movement. There could be utter chaos. Tons of customers everywhere, employees frantically trying to keep up with demand, all sorts of interseting things, but that kid sees me and won't look away.

I dunno. It's interesting to think about.

Well, can you try to explain it to OV? I don't think he believes me.
    Spammer Spanker

I am supposed to believe that Gribble has a magical attraction around him? lol

Way to get those toddlers and infants to check you out....what a player.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 03-03-07 at 04:46 AM.

'Tis true.

A guy that keeps me laughing, he's got me!

Of course, this is very personal - what makes one person laugh, won't make another laugh........

To back up the humour: good looks and a sense of responsibility to his family. And that he likes me!

If I catch eyes with a gorgeous girl I usually just shoot 'em a smile. Maybe I'm waiting for someone to fall in my lap.
    Yes, face first preferably. lol
    I love love. I love to love and I love being loved.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It happens to intrepido. It happens to Gribble. It happens to Aegis. It happens to LV. Women just throw themselves at these guys. There IS a reason for this, and it's clearly not their sparkling charm, because some of these guys aren't all that charming from what I can tell.

Is it a chemical thing?
    I don't know about LV, but I like Aegis because he was smart, self-deprecating, and looked manly. I don't know what Gribble looks like, but it seems like he is a lot of fun and doesn't take himself too seriously. I don't know that either one of them classifies as "charming", but no matter because I don't trust "charming" men. They make me suspicious because I think they are trying to cover up some major character flaw.
    Last edited by vashti; 03-03-07 at 10:07 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know about LV, but I like Aegis because he was smart, self-depricating, and looked manly. I don't know what Gribble looks like, but it seems like he is a lot of fun and doesn't take himself too seriously. I don't know that either one of them classifies as "charming", but no matter because I don't trust "charming" men. They make me suspicious because I think they are trying to cover up some major character flaw.
    Both Gribble and interpido are pretty manly-looking, too.
    Spammer Spanker

Gross. I'm taking you to the Eddie Bauer outlet right now.

This brings up an important point. Men, you have to be able to dress yourselves, for God's sake. Yes, we women have fun shopping for you, but if you can't be bothered to put on pants that don't have holes in them and a shirt without a coffee stain on it, how can we be expected to take you seriously?
    Funny you should mention this. Yesterday in my history class this girl who sits near me had a pair of jeans on with a noticeable hole on top of the back pocket. I was actually laughing when I saw this as girls tend not to wear such things in public. As far as dressing our selfs, I do. I wear a solid color t-shirt and shorts. Thats what I wear on a normal day. And I have been wearing the same style for some time now. I know some may think it is boring, but I am not a guy into fashion and to like the simple look of it. Plus I don't have to worry about color matching as much.

And Giga I fix your post.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where I live, distressed jeans are back in style. Still, nothing says "kid" like holes in your pants...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Let's start with Wiki:

Confidence is trust or faith that a person or thing is capable. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself.

"Capable of what?", you may well ask. I think it's the capability to do what's important to you well. If, for instance, you know that you're a great hockey player and that is the most important thing to you, you'll be brimming with confidence, even if you're crap at almost everything else because you know for sure that you're amazing.

I think confidence with women can be built from confidence in other areas. If you walk through a room thinking, "Wow. Check her out. I'll bet I could make her a cappuccino that would just blow her mind." you'll appear more confident than if you were thinking, "Jesus, I am such a dork. She is really pretty. Oh, shit! She looked at me! What do I do?"

How could anyone know what you're thinking, right? Body language. Don't dismiss it. Subtle facial expressions, the way you hold your shoulders- it all matters.
    RIGHT ON...now confidence in something grander than making cappuccinos lets say, is more attractive than well..makin cappuccinos. I feel that a general confidence that one can do almost anything is important to have. What goes hand in hand with that is a positive attitude, spirit and determination, u cant always "win" but u should always give ur best.

Confidence in less than worthy things can be dangerous though... Id say one very important thing a woman is lookin for is a pureness of character, high moral standing, which can be tough to come by these days (I say that like Ive been around during "other days" maybe its the way its always been with people lying cheating and stealing to get whatever they want)

Confidence or a cockiness in or about something that is not very noble or becoming of a gentlemen can be intriguing for some women if say they are deficient in self esteem, if they wish to change the guy and establish themselves and their looks as powerful or, as women do because they are more compassionate than men, give a jerk guy the benefit of the doubt until he shows them otherwise, which he almost certainly will. This becomes dangerous because a guy like this isnt stupid...he may not have a degree from Harvard (because hes lazy, unmotivated and generally out for only himself, to make money but only in the easiest and least taxing of ways) but hes street smart meaning he knows how to get what he wants and he wont care if he has to lie or act to get it. So said guy will act like hes a king...being loud obnoxious boorish etc and then every so often let a flicker of kindness or sympathy shine through for a woman, they will be intrigued. BUT he knows exactly what hes doing...thankfully this strategy does not work all the time because women are good judges of character and can usually smell a rat.

Long story short, women are lookin for a good man...nice looks, strength, humor etc are all icing on the cake, There are women and men out there that make really good matches with one another, and theyll find each other someday

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast