+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My roommates girlfriend...

My roommates girlfriend...

...is driving me crazy!!! She thinks she lives at our house. He even gets sick of her being around all the time, but for some reason he won't do anything about it.
    He doesn't get to hang out with me and our friends at all anymore because she gets mad when he does.
    I don't even feel comfortable in my own home when she's around. We (my other roommate and I) have explained this to him multiple times, with no resolution.
    He even went out with some other friends tonight and yet, she's still at our house watching TV, without him. I've threatened to move out because I can't stand my living situation now. Dunno what to do!
    It's like he's turned a blind ear to us.
    I love love. I love to love and I love being loved.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't threaten. Do. Maybe when he sees you pouring over the classifieds he'll think twice. And if he doesn't, screw him. His girl can pay your half of the rent when you move out.

i want to do all i can to stay here, because I'm tied in by a lease. Plus, I really can't afford to move right yet.
    I always try to get along with everyone, it's my nature, but I can no longer be nice to this girl.

I had exactly the same problem, except worse. She (my mate's girlfriend) really did live with us and she was the biggest slut of all time. Foul, loud mouth, bossy, demanding, aggressive, dishonest, lazy.

She brought hell down on poor unsuspecting household. What my mate saw in her I have no ****ing idea. Scenes like this were an everyday occurence:

"Dave, give me some cash I want to buy a new dress" (she didn't work).
    "What? No babe, I just spent $XX on getting my car fixed and I bought you new shoes yesterday."
    "**** Dave, it's only $100 don't be such a tight ass"
    "No babe,"
    "Dave, you ****ING MOTHER****ER, **** YOU!"
    *slams door*
    "**** YOU, you BITCH!"
    *slams door*

All the while me and Sam'd be trying to watch something on TV. We hated it. Even worse were their soppy make-out sessions.

In the end me and Sam (my other mate who lived there) had to weather the storm till her visa ran out and peace once again descended on our little place by the sea.

I don't know entirely what her problem was but I suspect it had something to do with her being AMERICAN! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvSickStagger View Post
    i want to do all i can to stay here, because I'm tied in by a lease. Plus, I really can't afford to move right yet.
    I always try to get along with everyone, it's my nature, but I can no longer be nice to this girl.
    She doesn't need to be there and you need to take a serious stand. This guy is being a jackass by not doing anything about her staying there all the time and you need to call him out. Tell him straight up that he needs to deal with it or you will.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post

I don't know entirely what her problem was but I suspect it had something to do with her being AMERICAN! Ha!
    Either that, or maybe it had to do with the fact that your friend was a spineless pussy, just like Luvsick's friend.

Listen Stagger - you guys will have to all sit down together and set some boundaries because I don't think your roommate is gonna do it. He is afraid of this girl. You and the third guy need to figure out how often you can realistically tolerate her, and be specific about number of days per week, number of hours per day, and what time she needs to be out by. Telling her she can't EVER come over won't work. Also, tell her she needs to go away when her boyfriend is gone. If they won't cooperate, then you should boot him out and find another guy to room with.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If I was in your situation, I would make it hell around the house/apartment. Ie I would do nothing for the girl friend. I would also be a tad rude to her. I would be basically a dick with the boyfriend as well as have a one on one with him and get on his ass for what he is doing. I know this may seem mean, but you don't exactly have other choices, except to be like him and take it up the ass.

Basically you have to do the boyfriends job and put your foot down by not putting up with the behavior of the girlfriend as well as the the boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Listen Stagger - you guys will have to all sit down together and set some boundaries because I don't think your roommate is gonna do it. He is afraid of this girl. You and the third guy need to figure out how often you can realistically tolerate her, and be specific about number of days per week, number of hours per day, and what time she needs to be out by. Telling her she can't EVER come over won't work. Also, tell her she needs to go away when her boyfriend is gone. If they won't cooperate, then you should boot him out and find another guy to room with.

We've already done this formally twice.
    She also has stuff in storage in our workshop (where I run my business out of) he didn't ask for our permission to keep it there and told him to get it out ASAP... which also hasn't happened.
    This is really making my life a living hell at the moment.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell him if it isn't out by ________ you are taking it to goodwill.

Really, can't you find another guy to share your place? It sounds like your roommate is a big loser.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

We've already done this formally twice.
    She also has stuff in storage in our workshop (where I run my business out of) he didn't ask for our permission to keep it there and told him to get it out ASAP... which also hasn't happened.
    This is really making my life a living hell at the moment.
    Tell the girl friend to her stuff out of there. But isn't there a way to kick this guy out? Check your lease agreement and see if there is a cause that allows you to kick a room mate out. Or talk to the land owner as ask for this guy to be kicked out. Because he is make the situation worse by allowing his girl friend to run all over him and she is stepping over the line when it comes to your personal living space.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    But isn't there a way to kick this guy out?
    Nope, even if we could get out of the lease somehow, him and my other roommate have been best friends since they were 14. It would never happen no matter how much he pisses both of us off.

So your screwed all around. That sucks big time. I hope you can the money to move out ASAP.

Be a dick. Be a total dick and make yourself so unpleasant for her to be around she starts to re-think spending all of her time at your house.

Or you could make a pass at her.
    Spammer Spanker

She has no place in YOUR house 24/7. You need to tell him. Or she can start contributing to the rent. It's very unfair that he is imposing her on you. If he wants to be with her that way, he should move out but not before you guys are able to find someone else. If he really is a mate, he wil understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Be a dick. Be a total dick and make yourself so unpleasant for her to be around she starts to re-think spending all of her time at your house.

Or you could make a pass at her.
    Or do both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast