+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he really attracted to me?

Is he really attracted to me?

I've known this boy for less than a month. He's in his twenties, I'm a bit younger than him. What I could say is that we're friends now, but I think I like him that way, and I'd like to know if he's attracted to me romantically.
    We had dinner for the first time we met. He used eye contact on me very often when talking, and he held my gaze sometimes. When we were leaving, he asked when we could meet again. Then in the week, he asked me out almost every other day, mostly for dinner(we always went Dutch). He sent SMS's to me often, and even at midnight. He was also interested to meet my friends. I learned about some body languages from a book, and it's said that if a man likes you, he'll use eye contact and hold your gaze, if a man doesn't like you romantically, he'll not do that often and will cross his hands when seated.
    Ok, the boy did cross hands when seated, but he did use eye contact very often. I have no idea...But he also did ask me out that often...
    Could anyone give me some ideas? Or what could be cues that a boy is really attracted to you?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by JK007; 03-03-07 at 11:15 PM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he asked you out every other night I imagine he likes you. He may be a little shy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    If he asked you out every other night I imagine he likes you. He may be a little shy, though.
    If he's really shy, how could he ask me out that often? I don't know what he really wants!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, he asked you out lots but he never made a move, right? So maybe he's cool with asking you out, but he's too nervous to reach over and hold your hand or press a kiss against your cheek. If you're comfortable, try making the first move. After dinner when you're walking back to the car get in close to him, maybe take his hand in yours. If you're REALLY feeling confident why not give him the first kiss?

The problem is I'm not sure if he really attracted to me. You know, it's different than he likes me. And he even forgot my birthday! So, maybe he just considers me as his good friend? I'm really confused because there're some signs that tell me he is attracted, but also some tell that he isn't really...I don't want to ruin our friendship.

honestly...I would just talk to him. Don't "beat around the bush". Yeah, you could make the move..but as you said you don't want to ruin a friendship...so the best thing would be to go out with him one night and just talk to him. Let him know if he doesn't feel the same way that you do, that you don't want that to ruin your guys' friendship or for anything to be awkward in your future.

If you do feel comfortable enough, and don't feel like talking to him, at the end of the night when you're about to go into your house, give him a kiss on the cheek. If he happens to mention it and ask what it was, or if he ends up telling you he isn't interested in that way, you could always tell him you just had a good time and it was more of a thank you kind of kiss..that's playing it safe..but I would really just talk to him about it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do girls always want to be friends?

men are good for fixing things. We like the attention of male friends who are only friends; we can flirt without consequences...

But seriously, having male friends adds diversity of opinion and discussion. Viewpoints can be exchanged, and so can advice on how to get members of the opposite gender. Also, if I were to limit myself to befriending only female classmates, I would simply miss out on a bunch of nice people. The fact that they may later, at a houseparty hosted by my housemates, drunkenly and suggestively threaten to follow me to my room while i'm flitting from the shower to my bed in a towel.. well, that is still worth it.

oh, I agree with youreit; talk to him. or kiss him on the cheek and then back-out when he says he isn't interested. But talking is always the better option.

I don't want girls that are just friends....don't care for that much.....and who the hell takes a shower at a drunken house party?
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    and who the hell takes a shower at a drunken house party?
    somebody who isn't participating in and wanted no part of the house party, and is going to bed early to make college in the morning?