+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend's wife giving me the looks?

Friend's wife giving me the looks?

Ok, it's been awhile since I've needed to come here for advice (thankfully) but now I think something is happening. this might be kinda long so please bear with me.

My best Friend is in the Millitary and has been gone for 6 months now he got married shortly before he left. His wife is very nice and not the type of person to kick his friends to the curb just because their married. I can carry a conversation with her for hours and thats what scares me. I can be so casual and relaxed around her knowing shes married and not putting on a front. My friend and I have an open invatation to her house whenever she is home because we are such good friends with her and her husband. Well on one occassion the three of us were at her house watching a movie and time slipped away from us so she opted for us to stay the night rather then drive tired.

Get this while I was getting ready to sleep on the floor I am offered to sleep in their bed (alone) she was talking with him on the phone at the time so he knew about it actually I think he was the one that first suggested it.

I decline of course I would feel odd sleeping in another married couples bed let alone my best friend's. I grabed a throw pillow from off the couch where my other friend was going to sleep and layed down. I' sure I was fast asleep within minutes. I wake up in the night to use the restroom and there is his wife in the hallway just staring over at us. I start to get up and she starts walking into the dinning room so I don't think she was sleep walking. I head to the bathroom as shut the door I hear the kitchen fuacet running. I pause there for a moment to hear the fuacet. I finish up in the bathroom and had back to the living room and go back to sleep. the next morning there is no mention of prior nights event.

Ever since then I notice her glance over at me while watching a movie. I have thought about confronting her about this but I would feel stupid if it was nothing at all. and then she might think that I had feelings for her. I have no intention of getting her to cheat on her husband as I know they are both happy together and I'm happy for them. Ijust find the stare/glances to bit a bit odd. hopefully it's nothing. any insight and advice is appreciated.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe she just realizes how much she misses having her husband home? Or she may be a tad attracted to you. Even so, doesn't mean she wants anything to actually happen.

Afterall, it is your best friends wife, and you know that NOTHING can happen. (At least if you're a good friend it can't.)

What I would do is to ignore this. If you would confront her, things could get awkward and it could actually mess up your friendship w/ her and your friend.

Maybe distance yourself a bit...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should quit going over there while her husband is gone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

your both probably right. but the husband was the one that suggested we go over there while he is he is gone because we all got along so well. I'm going to make my vists less frequent. maybe 1-2 times a month.

I think instead I will go to a party this weekend haven't done that in a while

lets take it from another perspective. Im not trying to be mean or anything..

but maybe its YOU who likes her. eh?eh?

you ARE noticing all of those "conversation" things and the usual "OMG i think he/she likes me" acts.
    so maybe its YOU who likes HER.

but seriously now...

dont do anything stupid, you got a friend in the military thats her husband, shes just goin thorough some rough times. just be defensive and dont give in to any come-ons. its not gonna turn out well
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by koolwhip View Post
    lets take it from another perspective. Im not trying to be mean or anything..

but maybe its YOU who likes her. eh?eh?

you ARE noticing all of those "conversation" things and the usual "OMG i think he/she likes me" acts.
    so maybe its YOU who likes HER.

but seriously now...

dont do anything stupid, you got a friend in the military thats her husband, shes just goin thorough some rough times. just be defensive and dont give in to any come-ons. its not gonna turn out well
    I second this. She is just longing for love, not in you particularly.

If she did come on to me I know I would turn her down out of respect for her husband and the friendship. I'm not saying she would do that though. and it might be that she just misses her husband.

I'm still going to keep my distance just to be on the safe side.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah... it ought to be legal to castrate any man who would cheat with the bride of a soldier.

I really, really hope you're just misreading her and she isn't actually looking for comfort in the arms of another man. That Dear John crap makes me sick.