+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will Is an Asshole

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Will Is an Asshole

But so am I...

Alright, here's the deal, there's a lot of contributing factors to this, but I'll try to keep things short and simple. (okay I know this is long, but believe me, I could've included alot more)

Today is Will's 21st birthday, we're having a surprise party for him at his house.

The movie 300 just came out and we went to see it at an IMAX theater.

Will's little sister just got a Nintendo Wii.

How does this all tie together?

It all started with the Wii:

On the Nintendo you can create a little 3D avatar to represent yourself. For whatever reason Will and his family decided it would be better to only let other people decide what you look like. They decided I should be very tan (which I'm not), really short hair (which I don't have anymore), and have very small, slanted eyes (because I'm asian). The eyes annoyed me more than anything, I do not look that asian. I've lived a lot of my life distancing myself from the asian stereotype, so I while I understood why they did that, I didn't appreciate it.

So I changed the avatar to my liking. Fixed, right?

No, Will changed it back, then told me I don't have a say in the matter, that I "can't make my own character", "that's what you look like" because that's just "the way it is". So I deleted the character because I don't like being portrayed in that manner. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Maybe, but I would figure he respects me enough to let me portray myself in a videogame as I like. He kept telling me that's what I look like, and it was taking all of me not to flip out on him, because I really wanted to.

So then him, me, and two other friends went to the IMAX theater:
    We get there just on time after having gotten a little lost, and met up with my other friend. Being at the end of the line, we get shitty seats. Front row to the left. The tickets were 13.50. Will paid for them on-line with his credit card. About 20 minutes into the movie I decide it's not worth the headache and eye strain I was getting, so I left and tried to get my money back, but couldn't because...well, Will used his credit card.

I left a message on his phone letting him know what was up, then took a 2 hour walk in the cold. When they got out, I met up with them, and told Will we had to go back in to get his money back. Well, it was late, so the guy basically gave him a receipt and told him he had to come back again to get the full refund. I didn't realize that was gonna happen, otherwise I just would've gotten a pass for another day. The IMAX is a half hour drive, so I asked Will if maybe I could take the receipt to get the refund for him? He was short with me, telling me that doesn't make sense because it's his credit card. But before I could present to him alternatives (cash), he flips out on me in public, "You know I'm really ****ing sick of your whining~", that's all I remember in detail so I won't try to put words in his mouth. Basically it ended with me feeling taken back, and leaving him with a "Fine, **** you, happy birthday."

I'm getting worked up about it all over again.

Part of me wants to leave 13.50 on his door step with a little "happy birthday" note. But that's the spiteful side of me. The other part, when discussing with my two other friends would be to talk it over with Will and find a better way to resolve it. The other question is, do I still go to the surprise party?

Will already added a whole 'nother level to the situation by lashing out on me in public. So I feel like seeing him with the same people who were there last night...today, would automatically keep him on the defensive. That is, if we don't resolve it before hand.

I don't know, right now, the solution that I feel best about is punching the self righteous asshole in the face. Get in a scuffle, then resolve it.

'Least that would be a more entertaining story later.
    Last edited by Junket; 10-03-07 at 04:11 PM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I think you're pretty much in the right throughout, there is one thing that strikes me as funny about your story. Maybe I'm not interperating it correctly. You went to a party with Will for his birthday. I assume that you were sitting with him and all the rest of his friends as you watched the movie. He even bought you the ticket. Am I right so far?

Well, if it were my birthday, and I'd bought my friends tickets, I'd be a little offended if one of the guys just up and left mid-movie, even if the movie did suck. (Though not so offended as to make a ruckus in public) Was it really so bad that you had to run out?

Other than that, dropkick him in the nuts for me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, his party is today. And him and Steve actually decided to move to the center row (still bottom) because they didn't like the far left. In my opinion, either would have sucked. So he didn't know I had left until they got out.

Anyway, I had just gotten over a headache before I went in, and during the first 20 minutes it was starting to come back. Plus with the screen as big as it was, I didn't feel like I was taking in as much of the movie as I wanted, looking back and forth and back and forth.

See, I don't like to complain when I know I can do something about it. So instead of complaining about a headache, why not just get my money back? The fact he bought it with his credit card and that they closed the booth is what complicated everything. Had it been my cash or the booth was open, it would've been a non-issue. But shit, I didn't know that until he did, which was last minute, so it's not like I knew he'd have to come back to get his money. Jesus, I'm an asshole, but not that much of an asshole.

On the Nintendo you can create a little 3D avatar to represent yourself. For whatever reason Will and his family decided it would be better to only let other people decide what you look like. They decided I should be very tan (which I'm not), really short hair (which I don't have anymore), and have very small, slanted eyes (because I'm asian). The eyes annoyed me more than anything, I do not look that asian. I've lived a lot of my life distancing myself from the asian stereotype, so I while I understood why they did that, I didn't appreciate it.

Too white to be asian and too asian to be white.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 11-03-07 at 05:28 AM.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Hey, not only is Will an asshole, but he's a racist asshole.

I get angry when people call me a Nazi, just because I love Germany so much (am also about 1/2 German)

If I were you, I would have made Will really ugly, with pigtails and a unibrow and stuff, and made myself look normal.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Will initiated the apology.

Apologized for blowing up like that, and he explain himself, without putting blame on me. Was really cool of him, I returned the apology, explaining myself as well.

And when I brought up how I would pay him back, he said "Don't worry about it, we'll figure it out later."

Brings a tear to my eye.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now's the perfect time to exact your vengeance. He won't be expecting it. Boil his dog and feed it to him or something like that.

oh geez. friends get in stupid fights like that all the time. different personalities you know?

i have a friend that whines a little more than the average person and sometimes it bugs me but it's not enough to be all that upset about. you guys will get over it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Yeah, Will's an asshole. But he's your asshole.
    Spammer Spanker