+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I upset him on his birthday

I upset him on his birthday

My boyfriend had his best mate and girlfriend round for his birthday. I get on well with his mate and girlfriend. I have thought his mate was a bit of alright but obviously I love my boyfriend to bits and want to be with him. Apparently the next morning he woke me up on his birthday and said I spoke in my sleep and he couldn't remember what I had said. Then I asked him again later and he said I said a guys name but he would rather not say the name as it’s hurtful.

I know if it was a male friend of mine he would have argued. Apparently I have shouted out 2 guys names before, I tried to explain I don't remember doing this or dreaming. I have no idea why I supposedly shout these names out.

I treated him to a meal on his birthday and was kind to him. I just feel awful cos he avoided driving past his mates as we usually go that way to go places but he took a different route. I just hope he doesn't tell his mate cos he will go round all big headed and his girlfriend would want it out with me.

I am annoyed now cos I think he is going to stop us meeting as a group as he fears I want his mate. I do find it awkward being around his mate sometimes and his mate seems the same, I have loads in common with his mate not that this is justifiable. I really don't want to bring it up again with my boyfriend as it will upset him.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you make a habit of calling out men's names in your sleep and your boyfriend is insecure about it, maybe you shouldn't spend the night with him. There isn't any way to make yourself stop.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    for all he knows, you coulda been yelling someone else's name out in terror ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What an asshole. Tell him very bluntly that you have no control over what you do and say in your sleep, and if he can't deal with that then he can go suck a 12 gauge. What extreme ignorance. You can do better, whoever you are.

Uh oh!

Well, you could have been calling his name out for lots of reasons - not necessarily romantic ones. It could've been some other reason.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. People say crazy shit in their sleep. I've freaked out a few girls talking in my sleep... something I used to do a lot.
    I love love. I love to love and I love being loved.

He sounds like a real piece of work. I'm with Gribble. Draw a hard line.
    Spammer Spanker