+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just need one chance!

I just need one chance!

When I was a freshman in high school, I met this guy(Matt), after moving to a new area. The first time I noticed him(at our small church), he said hi. I noticed something about him.... the second time I saw him.... I knew that I wanted to get to know him better.... I became best friends with his sisters (only b/c they are sweet girls, not b/c of him)... I spent a lot of time with him. He and his siblings spent a lot of time with my family. He was always somewhat mean to me... but since we were in 9th grade, it seemed more like flirting. On the other hand, when I needed him to be sensitive, he could do it so well.... but that was usually when we were away from our youth group. After spending tons of nights curled up on the bed with him and his sisters watching movies, swimming, singing, and going to dinner... i fell in love. The best part was that my mom LOVED him and she was very picky with who I dated. He was the guy I had always dreamed about minus the immaturity of being a teenager. Four years later, I stil can't get him off my mind. My mother died and I moved away... but I see him every summer. Now, I am moving back.... and I'm still not sure if I will ever have a chance with him b/c he is so strongly against dating his sister's friends. I know that I can give him so much in his life and I know that if I only had a chance that it would be amazing.... but he won't give me that chance. He has told me in the past that the reason we couldn't be together was b/c of his sisters. How can I show him that it is a positive thing b/c I will be comfortable around his family? Why is it even a problem? How can I get my one chance? I don't feel like I can ever be in a relationship with another guy until I KNOW that it won't work out with Matt and I (b/c I have tried 5 times now, and Matt is always there in my mind, even when the guy I am with is great)... I need one chance... and he will never regret it.

Maybe ask him out on a date? Instead of thinking of it as a full on relationship, how about just an outing, one on one?

However, if he isn't willing.......I'm not sure what to suggest.....

(I'm sorry that you lost your mom while you are still so young, that is very very sad....)

Hmm... that is a good idea... I'm not quite sure if he would go for it though.... Living in the country, most people around there are more old fashioned.... but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I did ask him once to go to the lake with my family. He went. It was an amazing experience. It was just us for a while b/c it started raining and everyone ran to the car... except us. We spent a small bit of time swimming together in the rain. ....but I still don't know if he would go out on a date due to the fact that I still am great friends with his two sisters. ...and thanks. I lost my mom 3 years and one week ago. It is hard, but it could be worse...