+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I undateable?

Am I undateable?

I need a date.

It's been over a year since I've even been on a date. I'm a normal girl around 5'8, average weight, decent looking, and yet no one ever seems to approach me or ask me out. I don't think I'm intimidating or anything, I have a good personality and a bright future (studying towards a degree in medicine at a local university). I go out to the bars and never even get approached. I need some advice ... what do you guys do to get noticed? I'm only 20 years old and I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone .. all of my friends are starting to get hooked up and hitched and I'm feeling left out. I have some pics up for reference at ematchfinder.com/profile/view/ballinNy34 (hit me up, lets chat! =) if you need to see what I look like ... any comments are appreciated. Oh, and I'm in New York if that makes a difference.

-Leah

There can be a million reasons why your not being asked out. But instead of going to bars (I am surprise your let in at age 20 unless New York allows people under 21 in bars) try other places. I don't know why your only limiting your hunting ground to one area. Heck I stay away from bars when it comes to looking for a girl friend.

And as far as being hitch do you meaning getting married? If so why do you want to get married at age 20? In my opinion it would be stupid to get married before the age of 25, because why settle down young when your only young once.

In my experience, beyond a certain weight and attractiveness minimum how good looking a girl is (or isn't) doesn't have all that much bearing on how often she gets asked out. There's lots of other factors at play. It could be a million things, but here's a few lunges in the unlight.

You look like a loud person. Are you very rambunctious when you're out and about? Falling over things, making scenes? Talking in a loud obnoxious voice? Try quietning down.

Do you and your friends remain in one permanent giggly clique when you go out? Try going out with only one other friend.

Are you giving off a desperate kind off vibe? In the past I've rarely hooked up with girls that have approached me in a bar or in a club. It's not as a result of some concious decision, I guess it just makes me think that they're desperate and/or a slut.

Do you dress to impress? Not too whorish or anything, but enough to make a guy who sees you across the room get a stab of desire in his groin.

Give us the pic^^

your very attractive... i dont know why people wouldnt come up to you... maybe you should go after the guy? im not so sure, but this coming from a church kid whos only 18 i find drunk girls unattractive or even girls that are drinking... its alot different for those guys who want a 1 night stand.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is just an advertisement, people. Move along. Leave the attention whore to her internet boyfriends.

hmmm... why do you worry about boys at such a young age?? & i agree with jurupa that you are looking at the one place where only drunks hang out. you don't want to give them the impression that you are only pretty looking when they are drunk, do you?? Come on, live life, you're still young!

I hate spammers

You live in NYC...its 2 women for every guy on average. NYC is one of the worst odds for a woman to meet a guy, while guys are having a field day. One of the worst places for a guy is Pershing County, Nevada---it some insane ratio of men (like 20 or something) for every woman.

Why do I know this? Oh I know...its because I live in a place with something like 2 men for every woman...

You are 20 and you are already jealous of your friends and scared of being alone? Getting hitched at that age is way to early anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    You live in NYC...its 2 women for every guy on average.
    Send half the women to Chicago!
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 30-03-07 at 03:32 PM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by auntlmour View Post
    hmmm... why do you worry about boys at such a young age?? & i agree with jurupa that you are looking at the one place where only drunks hang out. you don't want to give them the impression that you are only pretty looking when they are drunk, do you?? Come on, live life, you're still young!
    Good point. Most of my past girlfriends were a lot more attractive when I was drunk. That's why you don't want to buy college yearbooks... one day, you sentimentally say to yourself, "Hmm, remember Sally...wasn't she a sweetheart?! I think I'll look at her picture....[you look]...f--king damn...she was one ugly chick! What was I thinking?" Immediately close yearbook, burn it if need be.