+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get that stupid idea out of my head

How to get that stupid idea out of my head

I remember about 3 years ago i used to believe it full out. however short after that i knew it was just my mind.

How do i get it out of my mind that: Everyone is judging me and everything i do.
    I know it's not true but it always enters my mind and it holds me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lots of people feel that way. Could there be something particular that makes you feel like that? For example, do you have a positive self-image? Do you consider yourself smart and sociable? Usually there's something there that triggers the paranoia. If you can figure out what it is you can overcome it, either by realizing it's trivial or taking measures to correct the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Lots of people feel that way. Could there be something particular that makes you feel like that? For example, do you have a positive self-image? Do you consider yourself smart and sociable? Usually there's something there that triggers the paranoia. If you can figure out what it is you can overcome it, either by realizing it's trivial or taking measures to correct the problem.
    well other than braces i'm happy with myself, i look in the mirror and i'm happy. I do consider myself smart but sociable... that may need some work. i'll try that
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Well, enterprise, do you judge everyone you see and everything they do? Can you not apply this logic to yourself as well?

Sadly, they're not only not judging you, they're not even thinking about you. Most people really just don't give a shit about most other people. This can be very freeing.
    Spammer Spanker

i know it's dumb and i know it's wrong but under circumstances i just feel it and i'm trying.

I remember what it felt like to be 15. It was grueling. Just remember it all gets better from now on.
    Spammer Spanker

Don't worry about what others think of you. They are no better than you, so why worry?

bacause he cant do about it..
    try instead to think "I am the best and all admire every thing that i do"
    no it doesnt divert the attention from you.
    What about " I am my own judge"
    or: there isnt anything to judge at all as nobody know for sure the meaning of it all and we migth as well be ants in a huge ant hole doing things that we human found useless when watching ants building their edifices.
    So, what can you use that for ?
    I'll tell you:
    As you dotn know for sure, you migth as well enjoy it, and do what you enjoy, and thats the most important of it.
    Enjoy what you are doing regardless of what other "migth" think.
    Just do what feels right inside and you will always be happy and you will lose very fast that feeling of others jusging you.
    This too shall pass.
    (WAW! what a platitude in longitude!)

PS: sorry for the last one, couldnt resist the test.

anachronistic Guest
    tonight at my youth group we had a right vs. wrong discussion. we all had to stand in the center of the room and walk on either side (one was right and one was wrong) to display our feelings towards a particular subject.

a few times i was the only one standing on one side. it was really hard to stick up for what i believe in, especially when my friends had conflicting views.

my ex girlfriend was there tonight, too. even though she put me through all that shit, i still feel sorry for her that she is going down. she's turning really rotten.

Well, Enterprise, when you think that people are thinking and judging you like that all the time .... you are actually being self-centred!

What makes you think everyone cares enough to think about you that much?

They probably don't. People are usually far too self-absorbed to care enough to be judging other people all the time. They're also too busy.

Get over yourself already!

Quote Originally Posted by clynn View Post
    Well, Enterprise, when you think that people are thinking and judging you like that all the time .... you are actually being self-centred!

What makes you think everyone cares enough to think about you that much?

They probably don't. People are usually far too self-absorbed to care enough to be judging other people all the time. They're also too busy.

Get over yourself already!
    it's not all the time it's only when i try and do something that makes me feel a tad uncomfortable. When i try and take a step in a non-shy direction or just for example at parties when dancing. I don't think i can dance, it's true, i'm a very stuff standing straight person. It's not all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    it's not all the time it's only when i try and do something that makes me feel a tad uncomfortable. When i try and take a step in a non-shy direction or just for example at parties when dancing. I don't think i can dance, it's true, i'm a very stuff standing straight person. It's not all the time though.
    That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

(There are better quotes out there, but that is the best I could come up with for a Monday)

i dont know... that's a good question tho, i'll check it up
    I dont agree with that famous quote, but i wont get started

I think confidence is a skill that you learn, and in time, you should be able to grasp the idea. It's ok to be shy, as long as it's not to the point of being anti-social. You don't have to be the life of the party, but as long as one person is noticing you, that's a start.

Hope that helped!

The better place at the end of your dreams