+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choi Doesn't Like LDR's Either

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yo, man ...

Eric knows LDRs ... They're not too great, but the payoff is like winning a jackpot! I'm finally going to see my wife after 5 months!

Hope all goes well with you, Choi ... When you take her out for a real cheesesteak, say a toast for me!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

What is it with Asians and LDR's huhhuhuhuh?!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    What is it with Asians and LDR's huhhuhuhuh?!
    I don't count as asian, so I am exempt from this inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I don't count as asian, so I am exempt from this inquiry.
    and why is that?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    and why is that?
    Because that is what I've concluded.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe once she visits Philly, she will love it and want to relocate.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow man! Just read all the past posts and your LDR problems seem incredibly similar to the problems I had. I was in an LDR situation a bit like the one you describe for 6 months, but eventually my long distance bf couldn't take the strain anymore so he dumped me. I wish I could give you better advice how to overcome that strain, but obviously I never quite figured it out.

Well to be fair I don't think I wouldn't have split up with him if given the choice, and at the time was willing to put up with the stress, but I know how hard it can be. Also I can totally relate to the whole feeling of disconnection you describe when you're away from each other. Really weird.

Looking back on our relationship its hard to imagine it lasted as long as it did even, because I remember definite periods where it was like my emotions would almost forget I had a bf and shut down like you describe. Like when you're together it all feels so real so concrete but when you're apart it almost seems like a dream. Can be very disconcerting, but if you really love each other then I believe you can make it work. Is definitely not easy though, by any means.

In many ways now I've had time to reflect back on my LDR, I'm relieved I don't have to cope with the stress of fluctuating emotions any more. But I still miss my ex bf and I think a part of me will always wonder what could have been. I do believe that love can conquer anything if you work at it, so LDR’s don’t have to be futile endeavour, you can reach that light at the end of the tunnel if you keep moving towards it!

But yes, moving nearer is really the key to saving it. Hope you manage to work something out. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you have an awesomo-tastic time when she visits!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Maybe once she visits Philly, she will love it and want to relocate.
    Yeah, it'd be easier for her to move here, but honestly?

I'd like to move elsewhere, and really work on gettin' along on my own.

It feels so futile for me to move out of my house to an apartment 15 minutes away. I'm always gonna think (man, I had it so good at my dad's). I want to be away from that.

And to LoveTwist: Just as clarification, it's not an issue of "saving" the relationship, it's just an issue of continuing forward with it. That's the way I see it. But it's cool you can relate to what I'm talkin' about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123