+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choi Braves the Wilderness!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Choi Braves the Wilderness!

Requested by Tone here is a recap of my almost 4 day campin' trip.

I was typin' up a really long in depth summary.

But then I decided most of you don't care enough and I decided I'm still too exhausted to type it up and proofread.

Here's basically how it went.

I got lost on the way up when Jim sped off to try to get there before the registration closed early.

We made it there without too much trouble.

Set up camp and just relaxed most of the trip.

The trip was Mon-Thursday. Topher was taken home Tuesday cause he had work.

While Jim and Steve were taking Topher back me Will and Justin (my cousin) went on a hike.

After finding a dissapointing "lake" we decided to double time it back to the camp before it gets dark.

I was grabbin' somethin' out of the car while Justin and Will went up to the camp.

I came up to find Justin lyin' on the ground dehydrated and hyper ventilating

We raised his legs and tried to give him water but he was breathing to fast so we coaxed him to slowing his breath...cept he slowed so much he stopped breathing for a few moments. Callin' his name and lightly slappin' his face brought him around.

I left Will to keep Justin alive while I sped off to get the park ranger.

Justin had stop breathing a total of 3 times.

Ambulances came and took Justin to the nearest hospital.

Me and Will soon followed.

Turned out I was right, he was dehydrated. Probably overworked himself too, he's not used to walkin' those kind of distances on rocky/hilly terrain.

We take him back to camp and all is well.

Just basically hung out and goofed around.

Drew pictures on Jim's face while he was sleeping and we decided we didn't feel like waiting till morning to leave so we left camp at 11pm on Wednesday night.

We hiked, played with bugs and amphibians, got bit by bugs and played pranks on eachother

Me and Will have had struggle to keep two people alive within two weeks. First Will's girlfriend, and now my cousin.

Dunno what the deal with that is.

that's so long.. but i'm going to read it..

sounds like you had nice time though.. did you ?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Your a Hero...Yay!

We have our very own Hero on LF!

MY MOTTO: Forgive, but never forget (but do forgive)

Wow, Frasbee, your post makes you sound dangerous to hang around. It must've been a very scary experience for you. I'm glad you are back safe and sound.

By the way, I've never seen the name Topher any other place besides in a book called "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". Have you read it?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    By the way, I've never seen the name Topher any other place besides in a book called "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". Have you read it?
    Never even heard of it. What's it about?

Besides Topher is just short for chrisTopher.

If you already knew that excuse my insult on your intelligence.

Frasbee----You went camping!! Despite having to revive your cous, it sounds like you had a good time. It sure beats the usual routine. Have you been training for your peacecorps stint?
    Also, I didn't get the Topher...until now, and am going to use it on my friend Chris!
    Also Also, I like the new insignia. The thin lines against the blue makes it alot more refined. Reminds me of porcelain.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Frasbee----You went camping!! Despite having to revive your cous, it sounds like you had a good time. It sure beats the usual routine. Have you been training for your peacecorps stint?
    Also, I didn't get the Topher...until now, and am going to use it on my friend Chris!
    Also Also, I like the new insignia. The thin lines against the blue makes it alot more refined. Reminds me of porcelain.
    While I should be getting myself in shape for it...heh, I'm too lazy.

Yeah I'm kinda sad about my swastika though cause when I make changes to it I zoom in so I can easier modify it without making mistakes. And any changes are obviously easier to see. This one actually has the core of the symbol filled in with yellow, with a light blue outline on a dark blue outline, but it just looks like it's thin white on a dark blue background.

when i went camping with nomas, it was pretty pathetic. almost couldn't make it hiking. i was so tired so i know what you mean about getting yourself in shape for it..
    "Ogres are like onions."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    when i went camping with nomas, it was pretty pathetic. almost couldn't make it hiking. i was so tired so i know what you mean about getting yourself in shape for it..
    I used to walk 1-2 miles at least every day, not for exercise, but just in going to where I needed to, because I wasn't allowed to drive yet despite bein' 16 and I hated being dependent on my mom for rides.

Even though I walk a lot less than I used to, I still don't find it very diffiicult to traverse long distances on foot.

the long distances didn't bother me. it was the height.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the long distances didn't bother me. it was the height.
    I came up with a technique for walkin' up if that's what you're referring to (and not the actual elevation).

A lot of people will lean forward and try to take longer strides to get up faster. But this usually results in people getting lower back pain and getting insanely out of breath.

What I do is straighten my back, and take shorter than normal strides. It's a little more work for your legs but without the lower back pain, or much less of it, it's much more beareable.

You're basically shiftin' your stride to low gear, if you will.

Great technique. I try to do that, but my back is so bent that it takes some work.
    More straightening for me.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Never even heard of it. What's it about?

Besides Topher is just short for chrisTopher.

If you already knew that excuse my insult on your intelligence.
    "A Heartbreaking Work" is an autobiography about a guy in his early 20s who ends up with custody of his 12 year old (?) brother (Toph) when his parents die. It was a Pulitzer Prize finalist, and fun to read, even/especially for young males. My brother really liked it too, so it isn't a girl-book.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Great technique. I try to do that, but my back is so bent that it takes some work.
    More straightening for me.
    How do you prefer to when you're sitting in a chair or in a car?

Do you slouch or straighten your back?

I think I want some pancakes...

Frasbee---Waffles sound better!

Yellow? Light blue on dark blue? *squinting at the screen* Hmmm....maybe the white line looks like it's glowing....but that's about it. If your lines are 1 pixel wide, I won't see the detailing at all :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast