+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should we get back together?

Should we get back together?

I broke up with a serious girlfriend of mine about 6 months ago, but we never separated. She is and has been head over heels in love with me since day 1. Needless to say I broke her heart.
    These past 6 months she has been hellbent to get me back but is about to give up.
    I am about to turn 21 and move into my 1st apartment so the opportunity to meet tons of girls is upon me.
    I am scared of losing her, but its about to happen. But I feel if I get back together with her then I will only hurt her more in the future.
    I can love her if I let myself. She is the type of girl you marry, not the kind of girl that gets into meaningless relationships.
    I am not ready for a serious relationship, i wanna be young and single, but i do feel very strong emotions for her.
    Is it worth risking never finding love again for a few years of being young and single?

Do you mean is it worth the risk of losing your emotional slave? What you've described here does not sound like "finding love" to me.

Cut this poor girl loose once and for all, you cold bastard.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, at least you're smart enough to realize that you want to be young and single and not tied down.....thats a start. I'd let her go.

As for finding love again.....you will. It happens to you more than once in a life time, and you're still so young. My advice is live the young single good life as long as you can. You'll be a better partner to someone when you've found fulfillment in your life.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    My advice is live the young single good life as long as you can. You'll be a better partner to someone when you've found fulfillment in your life.
    This makes me feel like I should quit.

Despite what you say, i dont think you love her as much as you do cause if you did this would not be an issue. Im not saying that you dont love her, but i dont think you love her the way she loves you. Let her go. Go be single. Love will happen to you again.
    Theres a point in your life
    When you get tired of chaseing
    everyone and trying to fix everything
    Buts its not giving up...
    Its realizing that you dont need
    Certain people, the bullshit
    And the drama they bring

Don't live in dilemmas!Leave her alone and don't lead her on.Follow your heart.I don't think you love her.You're just feeling guilty.

Listen to your heart....I am not ready for a serious relationship, I rent an appartement and can have lots of girls....I can hurt her..etc. You cannot have it both ways...and at your age, forget the serious relationships for now...YOU are NOT ready. Good Luck !
    For a complete archive of all the relationship advice I have ever given, visit: [URL="http://www.thelovecounsellor.com/"]TheLoveCounsellor.com[/URL].