+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can love be planned? Can you make someone love you?

Can love be planned? Can you make someone love you?

Hey guys!

I need help from as many of you as possible here, but first I need to spend a few paragraphs on why I'm here.

For the past two years I've been studying copywriting at an advertising/design school, and now I'm working on my graduation project. This will be exhibited on may 24th-27th.

I'm writing a movie script for a romantic comedy, but for the exhibit specifically I will be using quotes from people all over the world regarding the movie's theme - namely, "Can love be planned? Can you be strategical about love? Can you make someone fall in love with you?"

The main character in my script believes so, and has always been busy with making girls fall for him (through action, planned behavior, etc), but not thinking about the actual non-physical feelings involved from either side. (Of course, by the end of the story, he has realized a different truth... )

So guys (and gals!) what I need from you are your thoughts about this subject. You don't have to write a lot, but should you have any stories about it that's fine too. (Maybe you've been in love with someone and done just about anything to make them respond to it, but it just didn't work? Or maybe it did work initally, i.e. she got interested, but it never worked out because the real feelings just weren't there? )

But I in the end I just need something that I can quote, and if possible your first name, age and which country you are from.

Any replies are REALLY appreciated

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course you can give love a plan, but it don't mean it's gonna work.

- Choi
    - United States

Can love be planned?
    No

Can you be strategical about love?
    No

Can you make someone fall in love with you?
    Maybe

Steve
    USA

Well, I hope you plan to use the Diana Ross version of I'm Gonna Make You Love Me in the soundtrack, first of all.

I believe that you can make love happen, but love will resent it. Love is a sneaky little cuss who will then go behind your back and get revenge. Opportunities for love can be engineered, especially if there's a certain amount of naturally occuring chemistry present, but Love will have the last laugh.

Giga
    USA
    Spammer Spanker

Can love be planned?
    yes, sometimes.. but why would you want to?

yeah.. but once you're in love, it might take you in a completely different direction than where you had planned.

yes, people try it all the time when they flirt with someone and ask them out, etc.

watch the story at the end of this video to see how it could go wrong too: [url]http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/16[/url]
    (hold mouse over video to get timeline segments and click on the last one, tho the whole video is interesting)

H.W.
    Ireland

Thanks guys and gals!

I appreciate all replies!

good luck with your script!

No, you can't
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    Can love be planned?
    I imagine that a person can spot someone they like and "target" them. I think that happens a lot.

Read about Narcissism. I think you will find that people who are very strongly Narcissistic have a greater ability of finding "victims" or "targets" to fall for them.

They are more effective (maybe like the character in your story) because they themselves do not have emotional attachments to people. They use people to feed their own ego, much like water or air.....

lynn
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, I hope you plan to use the Diana Ross version of I'm Gonna Make You Love Me in the soundtrack, first of all.

I believe that you can make love happen, but love will resent it. Love is a sneaky little cuss who will then go behind your back and get revenge. Opportunities for love can be engineered, especially if there's a certain amount of naturally occuring chemistry present, but Love will have the last laugh.

Giga
    USA
    Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Glyph
    Americaaaa! **** YEAH!
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    Americaaaa! **** YEAH!
    North, Central, or South?

North. The United States of.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Where can I find this "Make love happen for dummies" book? lol, you people who think it can be made are silly....silly people you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    good luck with your script!
    Thanks! Hopefully it'll go straight to Hollywood soon, hahah

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Read about Narcissism. I think you will find that people who are very strongly Narcissistic have a greater ability of finding "victims" or "targets" to fall for them.

They are more effective (maybe like the character in your story) because they themselves do not have emotional attachments to people. They use people to feed their own ego, much like water or air.....
    That is spot on, and my main character definitely has elements of narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn View Post
    I imagine that a person can spot someone they like and "target" them. I think that happens a lot.

lynn
    Canada
    They are haxors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast