+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you trust?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Who do you trust?

Well, the last year has been extremely difficult for me. And what I want to know is this. Who do you trust?

The two people I know best outside of my family recently almost ****ed me over, and now I am contemplating who the hell I can trust? I trust my family, but they don't know me. And when I say family, I mean my immediate family and 2 cousins.

So many times I hear people talking at school, or sometimes read comments on blogs or on AIM, and people say things such as "I love my friends, they help me out so much! They are there when I need them!". Within one week I had two people I trusted (2 of the maybe 4 people outside my family I ever trusted) try to become a couple of backstabbing pussies.

So, I essentially have no friends (and NO, I am NOT crying about this). I haven't "gone out" or had friends over in probably a year. And it seems like people I talk to at school all rely so much on their friends!

So back to my main question. Who do you trust? I am being led to believe that I can only trust myself. Family? Friends? If you're life depended on it, who DO you trust most?

Trust yourself first. Family is a good place to look next. Trust of friends is really just a matter of dates. I trust them.. but few have stood the test of time and earned that trust.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

I don't trust many people. I trust my friends, my mum and dad (and my grandad when he was alive) but as my family don't get on they're too busy trying to ruin eachothers lives I find that I don't trust many relatives.

I think trust is something that people earn. I'm sure you'll eventually make some new friends who won't take advantage of you.

Trust yourself first

I am sorry to know that your immediate family backstabbed you. So The first one you need to trust yourself. If you cannot trust yourself, you cannot trust others.

Trust is a finite resource in all of us.
    When it runs out,we become back stabbing & relentless.
    This even happens in family ( as I am now finding out with my parents divorce ).

Life is all about learning lessons the hard way,so don't isolate yourself.Just try & protect yourself by not always expecting the best out of everyone else.
    Love...The anti-drug.

Get addicted now,because an overdose on love is perfectly legal!

I trust my family and a couple of old friends, but I try to live my life in such a way that I don't need to lean on them. I'm pretty open in general, but I don't run around asking to be betrayed either.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Machiavelli had it right. It's better to be feared than loved. I always make it so that I have "leverage" on the people I know in case one of them thinks about doing something stupid. These two were an exception. Lesson to be learned: No more exceptions.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Basically, you need to learn to choose your friends more wisely.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    i hardly trust myself. i'm that insecure. when i get a girlfriend, i begin to trust them more and more but they always break my trust one way or another *lol*

I would like to share that there is nothing like working on child custody issues with your ex to make you question your own judgement (for having married the creep in the first place).

It makes me look suspiciously at my boyfriend. This guy could really hurt me if he wanted to. Makes me nervous.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    ^^ i'll kick his ass if he does.

Someone has to say it...

Death and Taxes are the only two things that can be counted on in this life.

But yes, like Vashti says, choose friends wisely and you'll never have need for leverage.
    Last edited by Ath; 14-05-07 at 04:27 AM.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Buye a cattle prod Giga,he'll treat you like the Goddess you are after only 5 zaps.
    Love...The anti-drug.

Get addicted now,because an overdose on love is perfectly legal!

Tbh i trust probably 2 of my closest friends, my parents arent so sensitive so its not so easy for me, and yes these friends are my best male friends been mates with them a few months but they helped me through thick and thin, still at the end of the day they have earnt this trust!

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    So back to my main question. Who do you trust? I am being led to believe that I can only trust myself. Family? Friends? If you're life depended on it, who DO you trust most?
    myself

i've been screwed over by friends, by family. I often feel like a defenseless sheep caged among a world full of wolves.....not quite that bad but I liked the analogy.

I trust my immediate family for the most part, that's about it. 10 years ago as a young teen my list would've been extremely long, only took a decade to erase most of the names

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast