+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hes moving and shes apparently lost interest, what to do?

Hes moving and shes apparently lost interest, what to do?

OK I met this awesome girl at a party. She had a few drinks, she gave me her number, then she got pretty affectionate: kissing my neck, running her fingers through my hair, etc. Well I had to leave the party kinda early (like 1 am, lol) because I had a date the next afternoon. Well my friend who is friends with her best friend ask her for some recon info. Well it turns out shes seeing one of my schools exchange students. So I was like WTF? But I still tried to call her but she wasnt home, and then I lost her number. Well Friday another friend stops me and says:

Friend: You should ask ***** on a date.
    Me: But she has a boyfriend!
    Friend: Oh she doesnt really like him.
    Me: I dont even have her number anymore.
    Friend: Oh its.....blah blah

Well I've seen her around town a few times and I went to the store she worked at today and ran into her and she seemed pretty happy to see me. So what should I do? I want to go out with this girl, but shes seeing this dude, and hes moving back home in like 2 months! She mentioned that we should go to the movies together at that party, should I just call her up and ask if she wants to go? Should I try to make it as friend-like as possible, or should I lay on my charms?

Lay on the charm and just ask her..

On question,.. the friend who told you to ask her? Was it a "girl" friend of hers? thats a ploy ... I would tell my girlfriend to say something to you in passing convo.. its almost like a setup.. if this guy is really leaving .. you know thats doomed anyway.. he's an exchanged student. Out of site, out of mind.. ask her out.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

yes a girlfriend of hers, one I recently learned had a crush on me earlier this year, but she has a boyfriend now so I dont think theres any malice in this info shes giving me.

.. yeah, sorry.. I didnt mean she would have malaice.. I think she is being sincere. She is jsut being the "informent". There are two real possiablites to consider though.

1. She may like you, but why is she trying to "get with you" if this guy is still around? Why can't she wait until he is gone?

2. Girls have patterns... she is setting you up as the "next in line" .. its jsut an assumption on my part I dont know her but .. if she does it once.. I promise, it will happen again. Reconginze the pattern as it starts!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

oh i know, thats just something I decided to ad.

I think she may like me, and that her friends now this, and their trying to get us together, even if its a little premature. I went to the place she works again today (the post above is actually like a day old) and saw one of her friends who also works there she said hi to me and then looked across the way "as if ooh where is she, hes here" sure enough she was in the direction she was looking, but she didnt see me.

I'll talk to mine and her's mutual friend on Monday and she if she has any incite to give me, and proceed from there.

Yeah Jane. I've noticed sometimes that girls can have a really bad chain of boyfriends. Not the guys themselves, but the fact that they are like a chain. Sometimes, some girls won't let a guy go unless she has a strong foothold on another guy. My friend fell to a girl like that and now hates her. She started seeing him before she was broke up with her ex, then started dating some other guy before she broke up with him.

Doesn't seem like this is TOO much like that (since it's an exchange student). Just keep contact and hang out. Don't do anything too brash until you know it's over between the other guy and her. Well, I wouldn't do anything like that anyway.

Alexi

Excellent idea... doing your homework on the situation is always a good move... cool.. good for you!

Let me know how it all goes down!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Well, do *you* like her? Or you'd ask out anything that kisses your neck?

lol yeah I do like her, in fact I think I like her too much, too quickly. I though I outgrew that crap. And no I wouldnt date any girl that kisses my neck, i do have standards that must be met.