+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: passion of christ

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

passion of christ

i know i know..either you'll end up hating this movie or really liking it. somehow i'm stuck in the middle. overall it's a good movie to sit through, however keep in mind that this movie is slow. jesus is arrested in almost the beginning but this movie concentrates mostly on the cruel punishment that he has to endure. i wouldn't wanna sit through it again, however i did enjoy it. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I thought the same thing as you. It was good, but not something that I would go see again. But then again I think It might be hard to get into that movie when you atheist.... Well I try to be religious, it just isn't for me.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

i want to see it! Did you ever see these kind of movies in Sunday School? Obvioulsy not as violent, but the story is there.

I've heard its extremely gut wrenching, ok, from my gal friends. It takes you to His time, and what he really went through for Us.

It's a very powerful movie. I cant wait.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well actually the more i got into school and college, the more i started to believe in the darwin theory as opposed to the 7 day theory. i think that honestly reliegion is a waste of time because of philisophical reasons, but everyone has their own faith. reguardless, i think that even atheist can get into the movie if they look at it on a historical basis and not be so judgemental about the bible. raverboy

I'm atheist, I watched it. Loved the movie, it was actually fun cause I took Latin for 6 years so I could somewhat follow that without checking out subtitles, although the actors had horrible americanized pronounciations of latin. I guess thats the last time I'll ever have use for Latin again...
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I guess thats the last time I'll ever have use for Latin again...
    I'm willing to bet it was probably the first time you had use for latin too.

Originally posted by sfalexi
    I'm willing to bet it was probably the first time you had use for latin too.
    No, I'm pretty good at reading inscriptions in churches and last time I was in Rome I used my skill liberally. Lets see... what else... hmmmmmm... it helped me with French.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I'm the first person to admit this but.........

I cried in that movie

way sad, but way good
    .... what would life be like if I didn't touch anyones life....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    cried?? it's sad but it's reality. raverboy

true true but I cried

its sad cuz it is reality..... poor stupid human race......
    .... what would life be like if I didn't touch anyones life....

I'm jewish myself I didn't want to feed Mel's pockets with more money then he was already getting but I wanted to see it just the same, so I snuck in =D I know its sorta bad to sneak into to a movie about jesus christ but whatever!... It was a very inspiring story. But it was very inaccurate as well. Jesus was not hurt as badly in rl as portrayed in the movie not even close. And that roman dude irl was the one that wanted to sentence jesus to death. In the movie he was practically begging for his release. So If christianity never existed and this movie was a pure work of fiction then I'd give it a 8 out of 10 but because it so horribly represents what happened I give it a 6 out 10...

Bryan
    Out of all the faces the site gave me to choose this one most looks like the face to describe my current predicament. But bored wouldn't be the word I use to describe it.

I am not sure what language they are speaking - It may be latin - I can read and write latin very well. But there is no way in hell for anyone in our day and age to speak it or understand it if someone DID try to speak it. It is the unspoken language - No one knows the pronounciation of the language anymore.

But anyways - I thought it was a good touch to the movie - It made it seem more realistic with them speaking a laguage I didnt understand - even if it wasnt the exact language Jesus used at that time - It still added an excellent touch to the movie.

And yes - I cried in the movie also. I have learned about Jesus's experiences and the tortures he went thru. But living in this day and age no one can really imagine WHAT he went thru. This movie filled in the gaps that my mind could not create. It was too overwhelming for me. I creid like a baby at the end. I had a knot in my throat for over half the movie and the the tears started to burst out when he started talking to God while on the cross. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry again...

This was a damn good movie. I would not watch it again, just because I never watch ANY movie more than once unless really bored. But this is definately a movie that will remain in my mind, heart, and soul for the rest of my life.

They speak aramaic in the movie. Although it was a decent movie I thought it was kinda boring. Just a dude getting the shit torn out of him. I'm not Christian or Jewish or part of any organized religion so I don't "connect" with it or anything, it's just a story to me. If they would have made a movie about the entire life of Jesus it would've been more interesting than just a dude being slain for 2+ hours.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah... it was kinda slow for me, i probably wouldn't watch it again. raverboy

I dont think it was too slow - I like movies where everything is drug out in full detail... I wouldnt watch it again just because it makes me too damn emotional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast