+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm curious what others think

I'm curious what others think

As the title says I'm curious what other people's opinions are, I was thinking to myself that how it hurts when you have been left by your bf/gf for someone else but I also tried to put myself in the shoes of the person who leaves another for someone else so then I came to the conclusion that it is hard for the both side.

What would you do if you see someone that can be love of your entire life although you have already a relationship with no problems with someone else at that moment. How right it would be to leave that person for another? Well it is for sure it is unfair to the person who is being left and which makes you a jerk because of that but on the other hand shouldn't you be thinking yourself like if you think you can be really happier with that new person shouldn't you go with him/her, since you can't live a life that will make you not happy enough to make someone else happy?

and by the way I'm assuming that while leaving your current bf/gf, everything would be told and explained clearly and honestly to him/her, I'm not meaning leaving like dissapearing without saying anything or be like so long sucker I dumb you etc. so yeah doing the leaving part without being a jerk.

so what you all think or what would you do?

i think if you're in a relationship then you dont shop around for something better, because you can always find a million other alternatives that you like or think might be better in some respect, its just not fair on the other person... the only exception is the case where there is some form of abuse or if the relationship is really bad.

There's nothing "right" or "wrong" about ever leaving a person. Wanting to leave a person, just because you even have a slight feeling there's something better out there? That's not wrong. Cheating on them behind their backs because you're unhappy with the relationship? That's wrong.

To be left hurts, no doubt, but you never owe it to someone to stay in a relationship if you're unhappy. I don't think it makes anyone morally bankrupt to call a relationship quits; it's usually the shit leading up to it that's wrong (cheating, fighting, cold silence, etc).

As for "good" relationships that break up - it's obviously not good if someone wants to leave. On the surface, things may be peaceful, but I'll tell you - knowing my partner wasn't happy with me would almost be as serious as knowing my partner was cheating on me. It would seriously be time to evaluate the relationship and end it if necessary.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If the first relationship isn't solid, why are they still in it in the first place? Shouldn't they be out of the relationship to begin with? If that were the case, this situation would never happen.

But don't get me wrong. If a relationship isn't 100% where you want to be, that doesnt mean it has to end. You and your partner need to talk and confront the situation. Either get the relationship where it needs to be or both agree to move on
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    As the title says I'm curious what other people's opinions are, I was thinking to myself that how it hurts when you have been left by your bf/gf for someone else but I also tried to put myself in the shoes of the person who leaves another for someone else so then I came to the conclusion that it is hard for the both side.

What would you do if you see someone that can be love of your entire life although you have already a relationship with no problems with someone else at that moment. How right it would be to leave that person for another? Well it is for sure it is unfair to the person who is being left and which makes you a jerk because of that but on the other hand shouldn't you be thinking yourself like if you think you can be really happier with that new person shouldn't you go with him/her, since you can't live a life that will make you not happy enough to make someone else happy?

and by the way I'm assuming that while leaving your current bf/gf, everything would be told and explained clearly and honestly to him/her, I'm not meaning leaving like dissapearing without saying anything or be like so long sucker I dumb you etc. so yeah doing the leaving part without being a jerk.

so what you all think or what would you do?
    If you're not happy in a relationship and you doubt your feelings for your partner then it can be best just to end things there and move on. However, if you still have strong feelings for your partner an would be lost with out them, but are looking for the 'perfect' partner or 'perfect' relationship then its best to stay put, as there's no such thing as perfect and you'd probably really regret giving up what you had for something you though would be better and when you get there its crap.

Its often the case that the grass seems greener on the other side... but when you actually get there its no better or worse even then the grass you started with.

Example- You're sitting in a restaurant and this really cute waiter goes by with amazing manners and you think he likes you. You develop a crush on him because it’s exciting and new. You think of your bf, who you've been going out for ages and he's also cute and a nice guy. So your bf's the very dependable sort and you had great fun together but you figure he's become kinda boring and the waiter seems much more exciting.

So you decide to ditch your bf and ask the waiter out. Turns out the waiter is great fun for a couple of dates then he gets bored with you and runs off with someone else. So your left all alone, you can't go back to your bf because he hates you now and he's moving on. Ok... doesn't always happen this way, but the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for… and think about what you really want before you go rushing off to the next nearest patch of grass....
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

its a bad situation, but i'm always for being honest and breaking off the relationship in this case.

It beats the hell out of cheating. I would never cheat on a girl, and if a girl cheated on me......well, she probably wouldn't cheat after that. I'm a pretty laid back guy, but if i was cheated on, i think that would send me over the edge.

Break ups suck period, but its always better to be straight up with someone. Even when I've broken up with a girl i was completely ready to break up with for whatever reason, it's still hard cause you think. I just spent 6 months of my life completely infatuated with this one chick, she was my main priority for the past 6 months and now it's over, it's always tough to handle for me anyway.

You should always be with the person that makes you happy.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I'm actually the one who had been left by her bf of 3 years for someone else, that is why I'm trying to understand maybe it isn't too right to think that he should be with me for the rest if he is happier with someone else, though he never got the balls to tell me it is over or explain me anything and finally diseppeared not even responding any of my calls now, I heard the stuff from his friend and according to his friend he already told everyone it is over and while he was telling that to everyone he was telling me he loves me but it seems he only forgot to tell me it is over.

Sometimes you're the last to know. Trying to figure out why he did this is pointless. He's gone. Time to look forward instead of back.
    Spammer Spanker

yeah you are totally right about that I try to look forward but ugh we are talking about 3 years here it is hard to forget unfortunately, yet it is kind of unfair that he didn't admit anything to me and run like a coward now. Thanks for sharing your opinions everyone.