+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love knows no logic

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    IMO, fear of intimacy is about fear of loss, fear of rejection. I could be totally wrong about that, but I think it's a very strong part of our nature to want to connect with others.

Do you have trouble connecting emotionally with others or is it just the physical aspect of relationships that freaks you out?
    Both really, but mainly I just have problems being myself with people. I've got a bit better lately I think, and I tried really hard to be myself with my ex bf and he still dumped me, so I don't know. Maybe I'm just kidding myself thinking I'm the really laid back and 'cool' type, because evidence is against me.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

Yeah, one bad heartbreak can **** you up for sure.

Do you have any experience with little kids? They're such good judges of character. So clear about things.
    Spammer Spanker

No don't really have any experience with little kids.

Maybe I am finding it hard to trust again in a way, because my ex bf kept telling me he loved me and he wanted to marry me and then just like that, he dumped me. I can see his reasons and I know we weren't suited in may ways.

But all around me my relatives have really close 'friendship' type of relationships that are long lasting. And I thought mine would be the same.... My parents have been together over 30 years now and they've never really dated anyone else. Similar story with my cousin, my aunt and uncle... loads of people know in fact. So when I ask my mum for advice etc.. she's got limited experience with dating etc to offer. When started dating my ex bf seriously I knew I wouldn't give up on it easily, despite there being a number of problems like distance etc. *sighs* I think maybe my lack of sexual desire had a lot to do with it though.

Its not that I simply fear sex or that kind of intimacy, I just have a distinct lack of desire for it. I did do a lot of sexual things with my ex bf, but I never really understood the point of a lot of things, like I feel I could easily live without them. I know its really strange. But I've spent many an hour on the asexuality website now, and I can really identify with a lot of the things discussed on there. So I feel I'm not alone, but I know that my relationship issues and my possibly asexuality will make it virtually impossible for me to find someone.
    Last edited by LoveTwist; 23-05-07 at 12:20 AM.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

"There's a lot to be said for self-delusionment when it comes to matters of the heart."

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    "There's a lot to be said for self-delusionment when it comes to matters of the heart."
    Nice. That's a good one.
    Spammer Spanker

yeah, i always think of it when i am over-thinking stuff... I have a bad habit of 'over analyzing' (what my friends call it haha) if i dont keep myself in check.. I used to be fine but i guess i have developed this over the last few years.. I guess i am a very rational person, too much so for my own good lol..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    yeah, i always think of it when i am over-thinking stuff... I have a bad habit of 'over analyzing' (what my friends call it haha) if i dont keep myself in check.. I used to be fine but i guess i have developed this over the last few years.. I guess i am a very rational person, too much so for my own good lol..
    You can be "rational" to a point that it's irrational.

You need to strike a balance.

exactly.. i found that out once again just this week haha.. I think that is a reason why I am good at reading other friends relationships, but when it comes to myself I am all over the place..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123