+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: topics???

topics???

ok..... there is a moment when couples know everything about each other.... then wat???? wat topics do we talk about??????????? dnt want things to be boring...

If you've run out of things to talk about, maybe it's time for the comfortable silence to settle in. There's no harm in it.

Or you could gossip. There's always that.
    Spammer Spanker

okk...
    in my case.. i was talking with her tonight on msn.. she told me that "chatting became like routine, and nothing new, as if we are repeating all over again :S.. while before you was more sweet and interesting on msn"
    we are not seeing each others this period much coz we have finals.. but i will see her tomorrow...

i am afraid, she might think.. well, he is not interesting anymore as before!

btw, i told her that is becoz chatting is just a way for people to know more about each other, or in case they didnt see each others for a period of time.. we are not included in these cases..

suggestions plz

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Me and my girlfriend are comfortable with being silent.

Well, maybe me more than her.

But regardless, I had a similar conversation at one point, we kept talking about the same things, work, school, this or that. She's not comfortable about sharing her more intimate feelings, so that leaves alot out sometimes. How to fix it?

She's visiting this weekend. You can only talk so much, about religion, politics, this that and the other. Relationships aren't meant to exist upon an instant message or across a phone. Why don't you set up a day out, a date of sorts, go somewhere and do something, visit a park, take her out some night. Anybody would get tired of staring at a screen, or even staring at their significant other all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    i was talking with her tonight on msn.. she told me that "chatting became like routine, and nothing new, as if we are repeating all over again :S.. while before you was more sweet and interesting on msn"
    Uh-oh. It sounds like she's laying the groundwork for possible dumping. I can't imagine saying something like that to someone I had feelings for. Is she just, well, a little rude, or should you be bracing yourself for the boot?

The thing is, I've never run out of things to say to my bf. We've spent hours uopn hours on the phone and e-mailing- we had a long distance thing for eight months plus, where you couldn't have the comfortable silence (which I love, btw).

I think the fact that you and she have run out of things to say is a really bad sign. Are you sure you're a good match to begin with?

And, IMO, if she wants to talk about something new, it's HER who should be looking for topics, not you.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Uh-oh. It sounds like she's laying the groundwork for possible dumping. I can't imagine saying something like that to someone I had feelings for. Is she just, well, a little rude, or should you be bracing yourself for the boot?

The thing is, I've never run out of things to say to my bf. We've spent hours uopn hours on the phone and e-mailing- we had a long distance thing for eight months plus, where you couldn't have the comfortable silence (which I love, btw).

I think the fact that you and she have run out of things to say is a really bad sign. Are you sure you're a good match to begin with?

And, IMO, if she wants to talk about something new, it's HER who should be looking for topics, not you.
    ya.. she's actually from the type that says rude things sometimes... dnt worry, its not about dump, i know that from the whole converstion.... bas the thing is that i dnt want things to go towards dumpin.. so wanna find ways to break routines!!

i know how you feel, my and my old gf were not the best conversationalists. and we really ran out of stuff to talk about and our talks were almost always boring. hated that, we didn't last much longer (wasn't affected by that) but ya, how can one advance the nothing to talk about thing?

Edit: how can one advance with both friends and a SO?
    I tried to start conversations but they all failed cause they'd already been discussed.
    Last edited by enterprise; 23-05-07 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If someone said that to me, I would start making myself less available to them. Sometimes it is a good thing to be missed a little.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If someone said that to me, I would start making myself less available to them. Sometimes it is a good thing to be missed a little.
    even if you are missed for a little, there will be a time for feelings and bla bla bla... but after a short time, you will be back to the same circle.. wat should we talk about?
    i want a permanent solution if possible.. thx

I wonder if, from what she said, it is about how you say things and not just what you say.....

....maybe you were more romantic earlier on than you are now? or more flirtatious?

Jesus, man! If the English language were a person, you'd have beaten, tortured, and flayed him then roasted his carcass over a volcano.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    even if you are missed for a little, there will be a time for feelings and bla bla bla... but after a short time, you will be back to the same circle.. wat should we talk about?
    i want a permanent solution if possible.. thx
    Talk about the weather.

You can always talk about the weather.

"Permanent solution", pfft, dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Talk about the weather.

You can always talk about the weather.

"Permanent solution", pfft, dumbass...
    weather?
    prefer to be silent then!

Listen to talk radio and discuss what you hear there.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Listen to talk radio and discuss what you hear there.
    today i met her... i didnt find it hard to open up topics..... it was a great day!
    maybe the problem occurs while chatting on msn only..!
    anyway, thx all for ur suggestions.. (although didn't find useful one kiddin)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast