+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I read her wrong?

Did I read her wrong?

I'm confused at the moment as to whether I read this girls signals wrong. She's a co-worker and I see her pretty much everyday. I've only really got to know her in the last 2-3 months. I started this job about a year ago and that's when I first noticed her. After a week, I was moved somewhere else for training and came back about 5-6 months later. In that first week I never spoke to her or bumped into her. She was only there for 2 hours when I was there as I started a later shift. When I came back, my work shift was pretty much the same as hers (8-4 her, 9-5 me) so I got to be around her more.

I didn't flirt or anything at first but I noticed that she'd look at me sometimes and hold it on a couple of occasions. She also bumped into me a few times. I was holding a box while standing still and she bumped into it kinda purposefully. When I came back from lunch she use to go into the toilet and then suddenly come out as I walked passed. I thought of it as just a coincidence but she did it twice. I eventfully spoke to her by just saying "hi" when she walked passed me. From then on we slowly started speaking more and we now speak to each other everyday. She'd always smile when we talked and seemed interested in what I had to say, too. I didn't come on too strong incase I was wrong. She would sometimes ignore me by not looking at me and I couldn't tell if it was because I wasn't doing enough or flirting and her getting uncomfortable. I heard that she had a boyfriend but I didn't know for sure as that was just what I heard from others. We talked today and she mentioned that she was moving house so I asked her if any friends or family were moving too. She then said "Just me and my boyfriend.". It was really hard hearing that but I kept talking to be friendly. I'm glad I know now rather than later but I feel so mislead and stupid.

I feel really depressed now and I can't understand if I just got it all completely wrong. Compared to everyone else there she seemed so much more friendly and flirtatious but I guess I read it all wrong. Can some people just be overly friendly, sometimes seeming as if they're interested? It's going to be hard to get over this as I really liked her but I guess I'll just try and be normally-friendly with her.

i dont think she meant to lead you on. Especially since from what you've said...it didn't really seem like she was flirting with you in a way that says "date me right now". She might have been being friendly, or even flirting a little. It's not an impossibility just because she has a boyfriend. I think you may have read a little too much into it, though.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

anachronistic Guest
    jesus, why can't girls just be more open about their feelings? we atleast, try to meet you half-way.

we're mysterious.

it makes boys like them more. :l

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah it sucks when that happens. Guys do it too though. This one guy did the same thing to me. I never really noticed him until he started like running into me more and more at school etc. Then before you know it, it just hit me, that I liked him. I would catch him staring, smiling....all that stuff.
    He would even stand super close to me and invade my personal space on a regualar basis. He mirrored me......and repeated a lot of what I said and remembered the details. I was so sure he liked me. Then out of his mouth comes the mention of his "gf" and that totally caught me off guard. Of course I hesitated after hearing this....and Im sure he could tell I was shocked. Then of course I regain my composure and keep on talking but cut the conversation short.
    Since then his behavior towards me hasn't changed....still keeps on flirting. I, on the other hand, have tried to distance myself from him.

Thats what you need to do with this girl. Distance yourself. Because when people do stuff like that, it hurts other people... But to them its just "harmless" flirting.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    we're mysterious.
    No, I think that's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    No, I think that's just you.
    Mm. Thank..you?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Flirting seems indecipherable at times. Err... most times... all the time.

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I know I must get over this and move on. There's no point in me trying if she's committed and may have never been interested in the first place. I'm trying not to look at her or talk as much to her as I did before because it just makes things worse for me. She did flat-out ignored me today because I didn't say hello to her as I usually do but when I did she pretended not to her me and continued talking to another person. We did kinda make-up though and she still talks to me. I just find it hard when she looks at me and smiles like she usually does. It'll hopefully get easier overtime.

I really hope I meet another person like her. If I had to descibe my dream woman it would be her.