+ Follow This Topic

Thread: this is a pointless rant that i wanted to get off my chest ..

this is a pointless rant that i wanted to get off my chest ..

hello everyone. long time since i posted above love - never thought i'd like someone else again, but turns out that would have been a good thing. well here goes. there is this girl at work. i've been working here since january, and from the minute i saw here i knew i wanted to know her. so last couple of months we've become friends, good friends i can say and we been out on lunch twice. during lunches we connected, but i also found out that she has a bf, one that she is moving in with shortly. which sucks. but we still spoke, about her life, her bf, her future. we connected - well i know i connected, and i started to like her. but there is no way on earth ... i know i am chasing shadows. because she is changing jobs soon and moving to another city with her bf. and that sucks you know. she comes and tell me how her plans are going, whats the latest news, whats on her mind etc. and i listen looking at her thinking 'you will never know'. but i suspect she knows. i do try to avoid her and keep the conversations short, but its hard to be heartless. at least i haven't bought up lunch again and neither has she. perhaps she suspects whats going on in me. she did asked me to visit her new place (i go to that town often), in a very nervous kinda way, i don't know why she did that, because we haven't even exchanged numbers. and i don't want to because i dont want to keep in touch with her. bleh.

3 weeks before she is out of my life. i wish things were different though. wish i had a chance.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke

Ah, but you don't. Don't burn yourself, dreamer. Save it for someone who is actually available.

Edit: On second thought, never is a long time. Your paths couls cross again someday, and she could be available. I hope this happens.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 08-06-07 at 07:20 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

Man, that was pointless.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

ahh i know Giga. Thanks.

-- Henry Van Dyke

Boyfriend shmoiefriend... who makes these rules about boyfriends eliminating any chance you have at finding true happiness... If your smart... you'll get some damn confidence fast... you'll make sure that she knows you think she is "insert your description here" and you'll keep in contact with her over the years...

You never know... don't keep your hopes up... but don't let trivial technicalities keep you from finding what you want out of life...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGamma View Post
    Boyfriend shmoiefriend... who makes these rules about boyfriends eliminating any chance you have at finding true happiness... If your smart... you'll get some damn confidence fast... you'll make sure that she knows you think she is "insert your description here" and you'll keep in contact with her over the years...

You never know... don't keep your hopes up... but don't let trivial technicalities keep you from finding what you want out of life...
    So, you condone pursuing someone who is in a relationship with someone else? That is very, very bad.

I would never go after someone who had a girlfriend. Never. And if someone tried to take my boyfriend away, they'd spend some quality time in the trunk of my car.
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As someone who has "connected" with someone who is in a relationship w/ someone else, I understand how upset you are. You think to yourself, why is this person spending time with me or flirting etc when they already have a relationship? I know, it sucks to fall for someone who is taken. But, how would you feel if someone was hitting on your bf/gf? Also, imagine how her bf would feel if you did this with her?
    Distancing yourself is the key. You need to wake up to the reality of it all. If you can maintain a friendship with this person, then do so. If you can't handle it, then move on and keep your options open to other people.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should tell her you are interested in dating her, and tell her she should look you up if/when she breaks off with her boyfriend. This way, you could maintain your dignity and express interest in her at the same time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i was thinking of doing what vasti suggested. but that takes balls. and i m gonna do it, what the hell right, next week when i take her out to lunch. what gets to me is that she is with this guy but she tells me he has told her that he def won't settle down with her. he has other plans. so why the hell is she with him. does she like him that much? i don't understand. and we talk about love, live, relationship, marriage, kids and all that bullshit and she doesn't see that happening with him. so why is she with him? maybe she likes getting hurt.. i don't know. not my problem right? then why am i thinking about it... bloody hell.

[edit] and no guys, i m not going to go after her. she is someone elses. and even if they are doomed i don't want a hand in it. she is out of my life next week. she thinks i m gonna keep in touch, but after lunch next week she might not want to either.
    Last edited by dreamer101; 15-06-07 at 08:35 PM.

-- Henry Van Dyke

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She does this because she is hoping her awesome-ness will convince him to change his mind about settling down. Then she gets to look like a winner if he DOES change his mind, and if he doesn't, she gets to look like a victim. It is a win-win situation for her. Are you SURE you even want someone like this?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    i think you should tell her aswell. then you won't be thinking what if..

In my opinion you should let her know. Not to go after her, or try to break them up. It is just right.

If you had something stuck on your shoe, you would want someone to tell you. If you tell her you care about her, and she still leaves. Big deal, she was alreayd planning on leaving. You are both in the same position that you would have been.