+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa..?!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Whoa..?!

If you read this I will Paypal you money.
    I couldn’t wait to get home and post this to see what you people think!

OK, maybe (probably not) you remember me mentioning a girl that I really liked in one or two of my other threads. I’ve known her for about 1.5 years and didn’t really start liking her in that special way until about 6 months or so into knowing her. Like I said before I knew she had been with several older guys (early 20s) and thought to myself “Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Let me put the effort where I have a chance. Besides, I really like her as a person and don’t want to **** that up because that alone is special” Well, a very cheery last couple of days, which caused me to ruminate on some things in the past, makes me think this girl may actually like me!!

First let me make this clear: I’m a complete ****ING idiot at picking up on social cues.

She was always real friendly with me in the past. Thing is, she might have been trying to be real friendly to send me some signals… I wish I could pick up those signals easier. Back then I just thought she was being nice but now I think maybe something more? Sometimes when I wore shirts with logos on the back, like a Captain Morgan T-shirt I had, she would outline the Cap’n on my back. I know some girls are like that normally (touchy/flirtatious) but she isn’t. She is in fact quite shy. And quite a few times should would say things like “I want to (whatever) with Mike because he’s so cool!” or “Mike you’re so smart!”. Sometimes it seems like she tries to stand nearer to me. She also loves to say my name real loud, like from across the hall or something when she sees me. I just thought she was being goofy and friendly. Hell I still don’t know, that’s why I’m here.

A while back in the middle of Christmas break I was going to go skiing with a couple friends a few times and thought maybe she would want to come along. So I sent her an IM and asked if she skies. She said “no but I’ve always wanted to try.” I then asked if she wanted to and she said “I would love to as long as I’m not working.” (She works a LOT). So I told her to get back at me before break was over so she could come (I go a few times every break). I thought she was interested from what she said, but she didn’t respond back. It’s very likely she had to work though, I didn’t really think too much of it because that’s how lots of people are.

At school, she seemed to be looking at me more and more, and sometimes got a little nervous around me. Whenever she sees me she smiles real big.

Today was the last day of school, and people usually sign eachothers yearbooks. I didn’t have one, but she came over from across the classroom and was like “You need to sign my yearbook!”. So of course I did, and since I didn’t have one I expected she just wouldn’t do anything. She got out a piece of paper and wrote the most flattering note to me! Basically it said that she was so happy that she got to become my friend this year and that I’m the best and she loves talking to me, even though we hardly ever talk. I was ****ing bamboozled, and still am! I’ve never gotten anything even remotely like that before. I haven’t felt this good in sooo long, and when I do it usually lasts a few hours. Right now I can imagine half of you jaded mother****ers rolling around on the floor laughing like hyenas. But guess what, this is SPECIAL to me!

So now I’m thinking… Wow! I need to ask her out or something. I want to hear what you guys have to say. I have plenty of other questions but don’t want to make this thing too ****ing long.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Please send the money and then I will read it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just kidding. It sounds like she likes you, but you won't know for sure until you ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It definitely sounds like you're in with a chance. Can't you go partying with her or something? That'll give you a better idea of what's going on, and if you're drinking it'll loosen things up....

I wouldn't recommend drinking to see if she likes you. Things could go terribly wrong that way. Take it from someone who knows.

Here is what I suggest. Get a group together to hangout. Both her friends and yours so she doesn't feel like a fish out of water. Then maybe try to sneak away for a little chat. Talk to her and tell her how you feel and see if she feels the same way. She may very well like you but is just waiting for you to make a move. If she is a little shy this is probably the case.

Bottom line is you wont know till you ask and always remember that if things don't go the way you hope you sound like your still young and you have lots of years ahead of you to find the girl of your dreams.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those "talks" are always so stiff and in my opinion usually end in awkwardness and uncertainty.

I'm not talking about getting wasted, just drink a little to loosen you guys up a bit, have a dance and then let things naturally run their course. Ring her up a couple of days later and ask her out. That's how I've scored pretty much all my girlfriends.

Well first off, the whole "t-shirt tracing" thing is a definite indicator of attraction. It seems like you've read this before somewhere because the saying-your-name-out-loud thing is another good indicator, as most of the "Mens's advice gurus" will tell you.

Anyway, I kind of forget your question. But having a little bit of alcohol around couldn't really hurt. Just be careful and don't drink too much. Be confident and don't let on to being so phased by her signals. Just pretend you're used to it. The whole "group" idea is a good one. You can even flirt with her friends a little just to start her thinking about how much she wants your FULL attention. And when you do give her your full attention, one tip is: End on a good note. Leave her wanting more. Cliche, but it works. I think.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I did read the name yelling thing before I came here, that helped get me kind of excited. You are quite astute

I'm going to her graduation party in like 2 weeks. I'll have a few shots before I go there. She is also coming to mine (yay!)

You guys act like asking someone out is so easy. I've never even done it before and to be honest, do not know exactly what it would sound like. Something like "Hey, you want to go to dinner with me this Friday?". Imagine crossing the social skills of Screech from Saved by the Bell and Steve Urkel. That's me in a nutshell.

Unfortunately I've never been invited to a "party" before (the type you are thinking of). Oddly enough I can go to out of state raves easier than a backyard beer-and-bonfire party around here...

Damn, I thought I was in a better position that I am... Oh well. If this fails there are other girls I can ask. If it is really that unlikely maybe I shouldn't just to preserve the friendship and wait for college to find a girl?

Is it possible that because I was unaware of her flirting, and therefore did not reciprocate it, she thought I was uninterested?

There's nothing like a summer fling. I almost had one, once.

Where's the grad party? At the later one you should either get her number (or wait until she gives it to you) or give her the famous "We should hang out sometime!" And then if she says "Yeah!" you say "Sometime soon!" And then if she says "Yeah!" you should wait a full two weeks before contacting her.

Just kidding. But seriously you should wait a couple days at least. So now we need to start thinking of first date ideas. Perhaps a group date? Man this will all be so much easier once you're in a dorm room. Actually **** the group date you should just invite her over to your house for a movie or something when the parents are gone and get her good and shnockered and then kiss her cheek. If you follow these instructions, within 6 months you will be ****ing her.

Ah, the good old days.

Dude, this is the best time to ask her out, even if you end up getting rejected, because high-school or whatever you're graduating is over, so you won't even have to face these people again. I know for me when I had "rejection" issues, the thought of having to face the person and her friends/my friends after that was a big deterrent.

She sounds like she likes you, she sounds like a nice girl, so just talk to her. In my opinion, two weeks (until her party) or more (until yours) is too long to wait. You have to strike while the iron is hot.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    Where's the grad party? At the later one you should either get her number (or wait until she gives it to you) or give her the famous "We should hang out sometime!" And then if she says "Yeah!" you say "Sometime soon!" And then if she says "Yeah!" you should wait a full two weeks before contacting her.

Just kidding. But seriously you should wait a couple days at least. So now we need to start thinking of first date ideas. Perhaps a group date? Man this will all be so much easier once you're in a dorm room. Actually **** the group date you should just invite her over to your house for a movie or something when the parents are gone and get her good and shnockered and then kiss her cheek. If you follow these instructions, within 6 months you will be ****ing her.

Ah, the good old days.
    Grad party is at her house, I'm pretty sure (gotta check the invitation). She already gave me her number, cell phone and house. Like I said, I've known her for about 1.5 years and she regards me as her friend, so it wouldn't be awkward for her to just come over to my house (just us), would it?

I live with 4 other people in my house, and they never ****ing ever leave.

Oh yeah, my grad party is before hers

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    It definitely sounds like you're in with a chance.
    Wait... Does that mean a good chance, or like a 50/50 chance?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A good enough chance for you to ask her out!! We're all pretty honest here, if we though you were kidding yourself we would have said so.

Like Vashti said, the truth is you're not going to know until you actually ask her out. How do you do that?

Ask her on a date. It really is that simple. Don't tell her you "I really like you" or "I've liked you for the longest time." It puts too much pressure on her and sounds desperate. Just start talking and slip something into the conversation like, "do you want to [insert activity] this weekend?" Be as relaxed and casual about it as you can. Don't just say "do you want to go on a date?" either. Name something specific.

Whether you're successful or not, you'll feel great about it.

I read it, when do I get my money?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Just start talking and slip something into the conversation like, "do you want to [make sex] this weekend?" Be as relaxed and casual about it as you can. Don't just say "do you want to go on a date?" either. Name something specific.
    I agree.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 13-06-07 at 02:17 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, uh, where's my money dog?

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=W2eHGcMXG_o"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W2eHGcMXG_o[/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast