+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer break

LostNotFound Guest

summer break

ccccccccccccccccccccc
    Last edited by LostNotFound; 27-02-08 at 04:47 PM.

I went 12 months without seeing my boyfriend once. But right now, not seeing him for a few days seems life-threatening. My point is you will get used to whatever the current situation is.

I think the hardest part, especially at your age, is when you get together you expect to pick up right where you left off the last time you were together, with a kind of "instant intimacy". You don't see that you yourself have changed, grown, developed, deteriorated, or encountered a bunch of unshared experiences - and it doesn't occur to you to allow for that in your B/F or G/F. At your age these things are probably happening faster than any other time in your life.

You need time to get re-acquainted. That sounds pretty straightforward and easy, but in fact it's not. Nor do I know how to make it happen, but jus knowing about it may help you.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by daletom View Post
    . . . Nor do I know how to make it happen, . . .
    On second thought maybe I can make a suggestion. There was this girl - back in the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth - and we wrote letters to each other. On paper. With pens and pencils, if you can imagine such a thing. Probably 2 or 3, maybe 4 times a week. Sometimes we sent lovey greeting cards. Or dumb things, like a check (checque?) for $0.10, and the admonition "Don't spend it all in one place.". This went on for almost 3 months; most of a summer. We hadn't even laid eyes on each other!

On 3 Aug 1973 we finally met. On 17 Aug 1974 we got married (to each other). And she just called to say that dinner is ready.

though, I have to say, my boyfriend has known me during pretty much the biggest personality changes/developments in my life, and we only saw each other every few months (six visits over 2.5 years) and I never encountered this problem. I do miss him like crazy for two or so weeks after being together, but believe me it really does become totally bearable.
    Being around the one you love is pretty much like being on drugs. You're in withdrawal, and it will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    . . . my boyfriend has known me during pretty much the biggest personality changes/developments in my life, and we only saw each other every few months (six visits over 2.5 years) and I never encountered this problem . . .
    Any ideas about what helped keep you two together?

I guess because those changes brought us closer together rather than growing apart. It could happen the other way round too.

my long distance relationship was the longest relationship. I'm pretty sure it was because we didn't see eachother everyday. We saw eachother like..six times a year..and my visits would be about three or four days. Younger couples can get tired of seeing eachother constantly very quickly. So everytime i wasn't visiting him, i hung out with friends and had a good time. so you DO get used to it. and it can be a good thing.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

anachronistic Guest
    you need a hobby. find something to do. i'm a full time professional web-designer. i don't have time to worry about girls or miss people. you just need something to do.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    my long distance relationship was the longest relationship. I'm pretty sure it was because we didn't see eachother everyday. We saw eachother like..six times a year..and my visits would be about three or four days. Younger couples can get tired of seeing eachother constantly very quickly. So everytime i wasn't visiting him, i hung out with friends and had a good time. so you DO get used to it. and it can be a good thing.
    i don't think so. my brother and his girlfriend practically live together and they're only 17. they never get sick of seeing eachother!

and i never got tired of seeing my ex girlfriend... but i think she got tired of seeing me. thank god for work!

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i don't think so. my brother and his girlfriend practically live together and they're only 17. they never get sick of seeing eachother!
    huh. maybe i'm just a douche and really dont like the guys i date.

anachronistic Guest
    huh. maybe i'm just a douche and really dont like the guys i date.
    that doesn't make sense. then again, there was that guy that shoved you out of your car.. i would get sick of that guy too.

Whoah what?

Haha how does that happen? (did)

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    that doesn't make sense. then again, there was that guy that shoved you out of your car.. i would get sick of that guy too.
    ...i'm glad we're on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    Whoah what?

?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    Whoah what?

?

?
    Haha how does that happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast