+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strangest summer ever

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Strangest summer ever

i've been away for a bit...anyway

so here's my dilemma.

i sorta met someone right....and well the problem is this someone is way older than i am.
    It all began through myspace...he's a photographer aside from having his own custom carpentry and building business. He found me online and has wanted to meet up for a photo shoot for about a year now. At first i was very defensive just didn't really think it was a good idea and we sorta just messaged through out the year. He was really persistent.

Well i met him for the first time last night and now i'm completely confused. He's really a nice guy and a gentlemen. He lives in a different city but it's right across the bridge from my city so not far. We parked and ended up taking a walk around town together and it was relaxing to be around someone who's easy to get along with.
    so he kissed me...

And i honestly can't help but think it's wrong because of the age difference..
    my best friend is not happy with it.
    I'm just so takin aback that someone as handsome and successful as him would be even slightly interested in someone like me.

just to be exact he's 14 yrs older
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    14 years isn't enough... how old are you?

Golden rule: half plus seven

he is 50... you can be 32 or older
    he is 40... you can be 27 or older.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    14 years isn't enough... how old are you?

Golden rule: half plus seven

he is 50... you can be 32 or older
    he is 40... you can be 27 or older.
    i've never heard of this rule lol.

But i'll be nineteen this coming november and he's 32.

i don't know. it just sounds creepy to me i guess but i have really taken a liking to him and everyone that i've talked to is telling me this is a bad idea.

I haven't felt that comfortable around someone new in a long time, it's nice to just relate to someone on a level that's more than just friendship

You are both in WAY different stages in life. The chances of it lasting are slim.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You are both in WAY different stages in life. The chances of it lasting are slim.
    That's what i was thinking...

idk. i saw him again today and we had a good time. And it's odd because i actually don't feel intimidated by his age when i'm around him.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    That's what i was thinking...

idk. i saw him again today and we had a good time. And it's odd because i actually don't feel intimidated by his age when i'm around him.
    You also have to remember that the way things are right now won't be the way things are when you've been together for a year... if it makes it that long. He's 32. He'll be wanting to settle down and have a family soon. Are you up for that?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Naw..............

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are young and pretty, and if you are interested, why wouldn't he be?

The thing is, if I thought you could just do this and not become too emotionally invested, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but girls your age are usually looking for relationships that last. This one probably won't, and even if it did for a while, you will probably outgrow him in a couple of years. I think this is an emotionally risky situation for you.

I reckon that the whole "photo op" is an indicator that he's into you because of your looks and little else.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly, your friends are right. It might not feel right to have to give him up, but long term, and realistically it's just not going to work out and I think you know that.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are young and pretty, and if you are interested, why wouldn't he be?

The thing is, if I thought you could just do this and not become too emotionally invested, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but girls your age are usually looking for relationships that last. This one probably won't, and even if it did for a while, you will probably outgrow him in a couple of years. I think this is an emotionally risky situation for you.
    This is probably true, i'm not looking for anything serious but then again i wouldn't be dating period if i wasn't looking for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    I reckon that the whole "photo op" is an indicator that he's into you because of your looks and little else.
    That's not what i'm concerned about, i know he talks to a lot of women...makes me wonder if i'm just another girl.

He told me about an ex that he was with for 10 yrs and she's about to become a doctor...and i'm sure she's probably better looking than i am. I've seen photos of other woman that's he's been and i'm still wondering why he's looking at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You also have to remember that the way things are right now won't be the way things are when you've been together for a year... if it makes it that long. He's 32. He'll be wanting to settle down and have a family soon. Are you up for that?
    Absolutely not! but we've talked about it and we both agree that something serious right now is not really where we're heading. Right now it's, whatever happens..happens.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Men that age don't want relationships with 19 year olds. They may want other things, but not relationships. That is all.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

yea, most men just have grown out of the crush sort of feelings by that age

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Men that age don't want relationships with 19 year olds. They may want other things, but not relationships. That is all.
    Yeah i agree with you
    Rockin through recession

Users Country Flag
    Yeahh...well i'm not looking for a relationship right now, no expectations.
    I really shouldn't be in a relationship right now but i'm open to getting to know him.

We hung out again today and it was fun, we get along quite well and i feel oddly comfortable with him. He sends me a lot of sweet messages but i don't know if it's genuine, i'm definitely not jumping into this head first..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast