+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was I Wrong?

Was I Wrong?

I know many of you might think me wrong of this, but I honestly have no idea what to do. I've been reading the different things on here for a while, and I figured I'd give it a shot.

I live in Texas, and a friend of mine, well, former friend, is 2 years older than me, who lives in Illinois. last summer('06), We met online and stuff, and we would stay up until about 5:30 every morning all summer. During this, he told me he loved me. I mean, he actually treated me like he loved me. Not like some other pervs on the RPGS we play. Then I began to love him. One night I got on and he was telling me that his parents were trying to send him away, and that I would never be able to see him again. That night, I remember crying, as we talked at waited. Finally, his mom talked some sense into his dad, but that was hours later. I mean, heck! The guy I truly love was leaving me.

The boy I met, I still love to this day, but he hates me.

School started and we didn't talk as much. Then, I went to Iowa for Christmas, and we began talking more and more like we used to. Then, one morning, he said that he didn't have time to talk to me. Not really thinking, I signed off and stuff. He got mad, when we talked about 3 days later, saying that I screwed up. That it was my fault and I shouldn't have overreacted. I now know I shouldn't have, but heck...can't rewrite time.

Now, 4 months later, he constantly unblocks me and blocks me, over and over. And when I try to talk to him, he ignores me. I love him to death, I'd do anything for him, i'd die if it would make him happy.But he won't listen and I just don't know what to do. I talked to a friend of his and he said that when he mentioned me to him, he either acted like he didn't know who I was or said he didn't want to talk about me.

I just don't know what to do.

Did you overreact? Maybe, a little, but not even that's a fact. Did it justify him going bananas? No.

He has issues, I know you love him, but really, I'm sorry to say there's no future. If he'd been sulking a week, meh, ok, but 4 months? Holy cow.

I'd try and find a local. The LDR's (even with gaming) are brutal I hear. My opinion, for what it's worth, is find a new guy. You'll be ok
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

But, I just don't..I can't let go of him. I've tried everything. I love him too much. Yes, I want him back, but I don't want him to hate me anymore..
    Last edited by SaiDome; 18-06-07 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Lost Connection. Recent Power Surges
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Rechargeable Battery Pack

WARNING! Do not short-circuit battery contacts. Do not modify. Do not dispose of in fire. Use and charge battery ONLY with GAME BOY ADVANCE SP.

Quote Originally Posted by SaiDome View Post
    But, I just don't..I can't let go of him. I've tried everything. I love him too much. Yes, I want him back, but I don't want him to hate me anymore..
    I often disagree with people who say "get over him/her" or who simply weigh the advantages and disadvantages of a person or relationship to determine what is best, because I know what it's like to really love someone, and I know that reason has no place in there.

But this time I have to say that this guy sounds like he has some serious issues, especially if he acts like he doesn't know who you are, and that he plays all those mind games or what not with constantly blocking and unblocking you - sounds like he could use some professional help.

I wholeheartedly suggest that you try to forget about him because it's obvious he doesn't want anything to do with you.

^^^ i agree
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

What you're describing isn't love. You're very attached, completely infactuated, but love actually feels good, and I don't think you're feeling good.

He sounds volatile and unstable. Count your blessings that he's nowhere near you. This is the kind of guy that sets your house on fire.

If you can "love" him, you can love another. You just have to train yourself away from him, like a drug addict- so send yourself to rehab.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 19-06-07 at 02:27 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I read it twice, and still can't figure out what happened between the second and third paragraphs.

Anyway, dump him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm not attached to him. I'm not addicted to him or anything. I fell in love with the person who i met a year ago, not the one he is now. He was so much sweeter back then. I worked during the day, and I couldn't wait to get on at night and talk to him.
    Gameboy Advance SP

WARNING! Do not short-circuit battery contacts. Do not modify. Do not dispose of in fire. Use and charge battery ONLY with GAME BOY ADVANCE SP.

Well i think deep down you already know what you should do
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaiDome View Post
    I'm not attached to him. I'm not addicted to him or anything. I fell in love with the person who i met a year ago, not the one he is now. He was so much sweeter back then. I worked during the day, and I couldn't wait to get on at night and talk to him.

Then you fell in love with a fantasy. This guy isn't him, not because he changed, but because you made him up. You can't blame Nutjob Boy for not being who you thought he was.
    Spammer Spanker

i dont understand, did you guys actually ever meet?? and i am not talking about some ****ing rpg video game land, real life, face to face???

you sound young (and so does this guy) - whether you are in love or not?? i dont ****ing know, it depends on how well you knew each other (how long) and if you guys ever actually met??

from what you posted and what i could understand from it, get off the computer and go meet some people that you can actually talk to in person, trying to form a relationship over the internet is really a ****ing retarded idea at best

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Then you fell in love with a fantasy. This guy isn't him, not because he changed, but because you made him up. You can't blame Nutjob Boy for not being who you thought he was.

I guess. so...thank you.
    Gameboy Advance SP

anachronistic Guest
    my ex girlfriend told me that before she stopped talking to me. it really hurt my feelings at first. but then i realized i hadn't changed at all. i mean, i left a rose on her doorstep when she was ignoring me completely. i loved her unconditionally. i still do love her and it's so tough to admit. people call me dumb, but love is my weakness. even through all the nasty shit she said to me, all the ignoring that i stood through. but she faded away. she doesn't love me anymore. and that happens sometimes.

i don't think you were in love. i think love is an unconditional thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    my ex girlfriend told me that before she stopped talking to me. it really hurt my feelings at first. but then i realized i hadn't changed at all. i mean, i left a rose on her doorstep when she was ignoring me completely. i loved her unconditionally. i still do love her and it's so tough to admit. people call me dumb, but love is my weakness. even through all the nasty shit she said to me, all the ignoring that i stood through. but she faded away. she doesn't love me anymore. and that happens sometimes.

i don't think you were in love. i think love is an unconditional thing.
    But I loved him reguardless. But I understand. It may not have been love, but I still cared for him deeply.
    Gameboy Advance SP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast