+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Hosting friends at my house.

Help Hosting friends at my house.

Well you guys and gals are knowledgeable about stuff so i have a question. Other than a movie if i invited mixed genders what are some suggestions of stuff to do. When it's me and my buds we generally end up in video games or the occasional game of poker. If there are a bunch of girls i need suggestions as i'v rarely hosted mixed genders due to shyness. In fact this is one of the first times i'v invited a girl over. lately i'v seen a lot of one specific girl because shes in the group of friends i recently made. She seems so left out when people start video games unless we play the ones she owns. And then the last time for studying the girl i like and her twin looked bored while the other two were having fun playing video games. It's one of my longer posts but I just need help. I'm not used to hosting people that much also and planning it. I recently started and my social life has never been better .

Thanks in advance,
    Ent
    Last edited by enterprise; 20-06-07 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

anachronistic Guest
    do whatever you want, dude. just make sure it's a group activity and that absolutely nobody gets left out. i always get left out at social events, and that's why i usually avoid them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get some games and some music.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I play DDR and ITG2 once in a while. This is the type of music-video game that lots of guys and girls like, it's more of a "party-game" than console or PC games. If you have a PS2 and a couple of dance pads you might want to consider that. I never have groups of people over at my house so wouldn't know from experience. It could be a lot of fun though. Especially if everyone is drunk and falling off the dance pad while they are trying to play.

anachronistic Guest
    hey, don't you have a pool or a slipnslide or anything? i mean, it's summer, girls in bikinis, everybody has fun... ?

volleyball

if it's a nice day you guys should do something outside.

Vashti - I do, except i have a particular taste in music that not to many of them share. They don't hate my music but I listen to mostly 1950-1969 type music I have bored games and I like them but my guy friends are all weird and I can't mention boardgames without them trying to get a game of risk going. I also wish I had cranium.

Doesn't Matter - I don't know but i know she used to like DDR, the girl in specific i like but got bored of it, she'd probably play it but I don't think she or her sister would enjoy it and thats 2/3 of the girls that would be their.

Lilwing - I wish I had a pool, I even wish I had a pool table but I don't...I do like the outside idea, but what could we do?

I thought I could watch other plans and see how it goes but my guy friends who host people usually end up in video games and I guess I'm the only one who openly feels bad when someone isn't included or at least tries to get them something to do. I really screwed myself for never inviting girls over.
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try "Imagine If". I think you ask questions and try to answer them based on people's personalities. Girls like that kind of stuff. Video games suck for anyone not playing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Try "Imagine If". I think you ask questions and try to answer them based on people's personalities. Girls like that kind of stuff. Video games suck for anyone not playing.
    Well your right about that, I'm just new to hosting people and if i know people their don't really like video games that i would ever buy, then that rules them out. I don't know how other people do it.

EDIT: If it helps, everyone their seems to somewhat like sports. eg. Basketball but i tried that when we were studying and it just didn't turn out 100% good.
    Last edited by enterprise; 21-06-07 at 12:37 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    so like, you like jimi hendrix and all that cool shit, eh?

Nah i'm more one hit wonders, the four seasons, temptations, ccr, drifters, neil sedaka, paul anka and that kinda music. Then I also like singers like frank sinatra, dean martin, some sammy davis jr., Bobby Darin, sam cooke and random people like James Darren. Those years weren't the perfect description but ya

IMO, you can't do better than good, old-fashioned Pictionary for mixed-gender activity. It's wholesome and fun, yet allows people to pair up into teams and bond with one another. No one gets left out, and it's not boring at all.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I entertained the ladies at my friend's party last weekend by spiking the punch with half a bottle of Cap'n Morgan's, getting stinking drunk, and asking everyone if they wanted to see my vagina.

I wouldn't recommend you do the same.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    IMO, you can't do better than good, old-fashioned Pictionary for mixed-gender activity. It's wholesome and fun, yet allows people to pair up into teams and bond with one another. No one gets left out, and it's not boring at all.
    yea, pictionary is always good. good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    True last time I was at my friends we were kinda bored for a while then we ended up playing Mad-Gab and people liked that. Hmmm it works. Anymore suggestions? You've got some good ideas .

Not to mention, Gribble theres like one person in the group who has drunk and hes not even always their. Most of us are good kids

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Buy a season of Family Guy and watch a couple of episodes with your friends. Humor helps people lighten up and have a good time if you aren't into drinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast