+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hitch Is In Love...And Has Issues

Hitch Is In Love...And Has Issues

Hey guys,

Hitch is having a problem. I have a relationship with a female friend of mine that is based on jokes and laughter. We love each other to death, been there for each other through some really rough times, but for some reason never spoke of our feelings. I want to ask her if she wants to see me outside of work and I don't have any of her contact information, odd I know. I was looking for some funny way of asking her for her number or if she'd like to see me outside of work through simple conversation. Any thoughts/ideas?
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

anachronistic Guest
    you gotta learn when to be funny and when to be serious, dude.

I don't mean stupid funny...possibly a "cute" funny. If that makes sense...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

anachronistic Guest
    well i understand that you're trying to keep this 'funny' thing going on, but it really isn't necessary. just ask the girl for her number. keep in short, simple and smile.

I understand what you're saying. I guess I just don't want to be like..."can we get together?"...I want it to be something memorable...

-Hitch

anachronistic Guest
    'hey i wanted it to be really memorable, but can we get together?'

that's memorable.

Considering I don't know what you people say to each other, just tell her you want to see her out of work and ask for her number when it is appropiate. If what you say is true she should give it to you without hesitation.

I'm gonna have to agree with Lilwing on this one. You shouldn't make asking her out into a joke. You don't want your relationship to be a joke, do you? No, you want it to change. So it's time for a more serious approach.
    Spammer Spanker