+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the ring back

Lio, your ex is gonna have so many bite marks in her ass!
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Lionos View Post
    we're not talking about you honey... it's matter of principal now... and I won't let it fly.... money has nothing to do with it.. i've put much more because of and into relationship, but our friend lilwing is right: it's always gonna bite you in the ass.
    if you give somebody something, or even if you lend them something, you have to do it with the idea that you may never get it back. if you expect it to be returned then that'll bite you in the ass too, much like is what's happening now. she may be wrong to not return it, but it's wrong to expect it to come back as well. i would say make better choices as to who you're giving to and how much money you're spending on that gift or loan. a fool and his money are soon parted.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if you give somebody something, or even if you lend them something, you have to do it with the idea that you may never get it back. if you expect it to be returned then that'll bite you in the ass too, much like is what's happening now. she may be wrong to not return it, but it's wrong to expect it to come back as well. i would say make better choices as to who you're giving to and how much money you're spending on that gift or loan. a fool and his money are soon parted.
    Do you honestly think that at the point in time when he gave her the ring and all that he felt that she would soon leave him, or that he'd all of a sudden want the ring back? I highly doubt it. Men should not have to think/worry about that, but I guess with bitches out there infecting the world, we have to protect ourselves.

Bitches don't deserve bling-bling.

well then he shouldn't have bought it for her.

besides, what the hell do you know about any of these things lilwang? who are you trying to be?
    Last edited by misombra; 06-07-07 at 11:06 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    well then he shouldn't have bought it for her.

besides, what the hell do you know about any of these things lilwang?
    Plenty. Don't worry about it.

lol.

anyway, giving somebody an engagement ring does not give any guarantees as to whether or not they will stay with you or that something else won't happen. things can change in an instant. it also does not guarantee that you will get it back.

giving somebody something with the idea of, "if things don't work out between us and we end up apart, i better get that shit back!" is ridiculous. if she would've given it back to you then that would be nice. the fact that you're willing to pursue based on principle tells me that you're probably a drama queen, feeding into the drama of your break up over this piece of material that probably carries more weight in emotions than in diamonds and gold.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ... and let's face it: $1200 is a lot of cash to have in your pocket at one time, but in 5 years you will look back and wonder why you put yourself through so much drama for only $1200.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I don't know what is behind that broke up, but it seems to me she is using the ring to get back to you or just hoping it will on her finger again. Maybe get some friend bring it to you?
    This is exactly the thing, because this was the case before. She would hold my stuff hostage to get in contact with me...
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ... and let's face it: $1200 is a lot of cash to have in your pocket at one time, but in 5 years you will look back and wonder why you put yourself through so much drama for only $1200.
    LUV ur post Tahnks
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

This is exactly the thing, because this was the case before. She would hold my stuff hostage to get in contact with me...
    No amount of stuff could possibly be worth your self respect. I think you should write her a letter telling her you want it back, with NO emotion, NO sentimentality, NOTHING for her to sink her little fangs into.

If she doesn't send it back, she's a cow. Even if she does send it back, she's still a cow.

If you lived in New Mexico, Misombra and I would go get the thing from her.

Then we'd pawn it.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    No amount of stuff could possibly be worth your self respect. I think you should write her a letter telling her you want it back, with NO emotion, NO sentimentality, NOTHING for her to sink her little fangs into.

If she doesn't send it back, she's a cow. Even if she does send it back, she's still a cow.

If you lived in New Mexico, Misombra and I would go get the thing from her.

Then we'd pawn it.
    Thanks. I really appreciate it. Well i wouldn't make this post if she said she wouldn't return it, but she said she would so here we are. And she's indeed gonna have her ass bitten all over :-)
    Doc. Love

Yeah, she said a lot of things, didn't she?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Yeah, she said a lot of things, didn't she?
    indeed she did... wow let's not talk about it...
    Doc. Love

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^
    |
    |
    | ahhh rep points, they are way over rated. do you know how many people giga had to sleep with to build her numbers??

*waves his hand in the air*

yes i was one of the many.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

LostNotFound Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I'd want the ring back. I would place the money in my bank account.

...unless ofcourse, I got it out of a 50 cent machine.
    she wouldn't be marrying you then.

This is exactly what I want to do... I paid $1,200 for it... But we all know money dont grow on trees and it was my money i've spent. I have other things to pay for and not intended give $1,200 to some brat who didn't deserve it or earned it!...
    dude you gave it to her, shit happens. you gave it as a gift she doesn't have to give it back. aside from the ring does she have to give you every single thing you gave her back?

if a guy gave me an engagement ring and we didn't get married i would probably pawn the ring and hit the town.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast