+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, NOLA

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Farewell, NOLA

So here we are again.

I've come all this way, and here we are again, only this time, my trip down to NOLA will probably be my last for a while. Yep. In fact, Hands-On will be devoid of all Gold 3 (my AmeriCorps team) life. Kenda has gone back to Massachusetts, Megan will be done her term the end of August, and Amy, she's done with disaster relief and the city. Done and out, come the first week in August back to the infamous Texas.

So here we are...yas done me some good in the past, and so considering yous not failed me now, I'm lookin' to your insight again.

Me and Ames, here, we've been through a lot togetha'. I've essentially known her for almost 3 years now, and dating her for 8 months. Despite the distance, we've managed to stay connected emotionally, and any time either felt numb to the relationship, one of us would visit the other and we'd remember all over again why we put up with the shit to begin with.

I've shared my most private secrets with 'er, shit I've withheld from even my most trust 'ere on the boards. In other words, we're both in deep with the emotional intimacy.

So, what?

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, saying that I "like her" is a total understatement. Telling her I "miss her", just don't cut it anymore. And when other people ask me if I love her? I say, "yes". But she's never 'eard those words mustered from my mouth. I want to tell her, but I have applied so much pressure to the utterance of the word, I'm hesitant. More of an issue of "when" to tell her?

Clearly, I'm not considering moving out to Oklahoma because I simply like her breasts. As nice as they are. I think actions speak louder than words, but words help avoid confusion and doubt.

We're planning on going back to Pensacola, FL when I visit next week, so long as there's good weather. The place where "it" all started.

So, Giga, Vash, Gribble, Tiay, and anybody else who knows the back story.

What yous think?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Since when does anyone ask my advice unless it's in regard to beer or strippers?

I think you love her. I think if her lovely breasts shriveled up like whoopee cushions you'd love her every bit as much. I get the impression that she's aware of your feelings, even if you don't voice them. Hearing "I love you" from someone you care about is swell. Knowing that person loves you due to his actions, that's incredible.

I think maybe I'm living vicariously through you or something. I really want this whole Ames thing to work out for you. So go meet her. Have a great time. Maybe think about the future a little, but don't press it. You've got all the time in the world to go moving to Oklahoma or wherever else love takes you.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Knowing that person loves you due to his actions, that's incredible.
    Is there something you haven't told us Gribs?

Anyway, so what you're sayin' is don't sweat it?

Go with the flow.

No worries.

Don't worry, be happy?

Hmm...the pressure is all from myself, on myself.

Quite simply, it's something I want to tell her, just...yeah, I think all the worry is in my mind.

anachronistic Guest
    it really matter when you say it as long as you mean it.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Is there something you haven't told us Gribs?
    Asshole. I'm speaking in terms of Ames. I don't have hot sweaty gay sex. God says that's a no-no.

All I'm saying is don't go rushing things. Wait for the right moment to tell her you love her. From what you've written, it seems the two of you share plenty of romantic moments, so there are plenty of opportunities. Push those concerns and worries to the back of your mind. They'll always be there, but they don't have to control you. Besides, you'll just be vocalizing what she all ready knows. So what's the big deal? She'll probably roll her eyes and ask you to tell her something she doesn't know.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    She'll probably roll her eyes and ask you to tell her something she doesn't know.
    That's funny because that's the kind of reaction I've gotten from her before. She can be such a jerk sometimes, I love it.

I say.. stop worrying and just say it. You'll feel better. It's the truth after all. You can either be goofy about it, ie say it when she's being quirky, or when there's a genuine romantic moment- for saying it the first time, I prefer the latter.

I didn't plan to say I love you, it just popped out. way too early. he said it back, but then we didn't say it for another whole while. y'know, i'm not even sure when/how that was.. it was just natural. Don't hold it inside.
    Now we say I love you plenty of times every day. I really like this, because within my family those words are NEVER uttered.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you know what is so frustrating???
    the words: "I miss you."
    They frustrate me to no end with their inadequacy to convey that emotion.
    Like - sometimes I think I've never felt anything as intensely as "missing" -- and yet, nothing but crappy words to convey it.
    Ridiculous!
    they sound so trite... and like... flippant. unimportant and obligatory almost.
    and the only thing worse is "I miss you too". GAHHH.
    totally makes me hate the english language.
    A conversation we had last night. I think we're both feelin' the same thing, but are both afraid to say it.

You're focusing on this? Really? Those three little words are distracting you from all of the big stuff that's about to happen. Apparently, you need this.

So agonize over it, why don't you?

And post a pic of the likeable breasts. I want to compare them to mine.
    Spammer Spanker

*sigh* "I miss you" really is woefully inadequate.. but it'll just have to do.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    So agonize over it, why don't you?
    Nothing is "distracting" me from what's "about to happen".

The only reason why anything would, "about to happen", is if I make it happen, and thus, as a result of it's happening, and me being the cause of it, clearly I was not distracted enough for things not to happen.

But when the relationship is so heavily dependent on the exchange of words, yeah, somethin' like this will put weight on my mind.

So no, I don't need "this", whatever the hell you're referring to.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ref: forum quote of the month.

Now, my two cents. We all like to be told we are loved. It is more important to *feel* it though. And I believe we can tell the difference (when it is said but not meant). So. Mbe you should ask yourself why you haven't told her yet. Is there a good reason? If not, then find a good time and tell her. And mean it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fear.

Maybe not a good reason, but a reason nonetheless.

Ah, well. **** it.

I should've kept this to myself anyway.
    Last edited by Junket; 23-07-07 at 11:41 AM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's funny Frasbee, me and my girl just swapped those three words. Do it mate. It'll switch everything up about five gears.

Not to be cynical it'll also increase your chance of gettting laid exponentially.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I should've kept this to myself anyway.
    No, look at all this good advice people are giving to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Not to be cynical it'll also increase your chance of gettting laid exponentially.
    Har har har...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast