+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this why your supposed to be yourself?

Is this why your supposed to be yourself?

This is just my theory based upon the reading i'v done here and my own head. very dependable. So to my understanding your supposed to be yourself because you have to show yourself to the other person and let them choose. In the same way that you choose fruit, you must feel it out first. If it feels right (and the person is good) then your in. If it feels mushy and grose (the person isn't for you) then a bad start. However if the person feels good but is really mushy and grose (being fake, pretending to be something your not to be liked), then when the person goes to eat you, then they will realize how grose and mushy you are and discard you.

That is my theory, please comment and give incite
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A problem with "being yourself" if this: Sometimes people are too shy or socially inept to really "be themselves" and end up appearing different from what they are. I don't think I'm shy as much as I am untalkative, because I don't talk much around my family either, and I'm not shy around them.

Hardly anybody knows me for shit, but that's OK. I think a lot of girls would like me if they knew me better... and similarly, a lot would dislike me. So it's OK

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I'm fantastic with a first impression, but can't seem to keep it up.
    Not what a girl wants to hear.

Anyway, enterprise, you don't want to waste your time attracting somebody who isn't really attracted to you. When you find someone who is really into you, the real, non- mushy and gross you, you've struck gold.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    rofl...maybe that's why they get tired of me...
    Maybe they just get exhausted chasing you around. Come to New Mexico, Aegis, and attend Gigabitch's Boyfriend School. You, too, enterprise. I've been thinking it's time for me to start my own business.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Not what a girl wants to hear.

Anyway, enterprise, you don't want to waste your time attracting somebody who isn't really attracted to you. When you find someone who is really into you, the real, non- mushy and gross you, you've struck gold.
    not doing now and will continue to try not to
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Stirfry Guest
    Yes..sometimes fruit looks and feels good on the outside, but then you discover that it's rotten on the inside after biting into it. People can be just as deceptive..
    It's like going to an interview. You just can't lie about your credentials or personality, because it'll come back and bite you in the ass later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirfry View Post
    It's like going to an interview. You just can't lie about your credentials or personality, because it'll come back and bite you in the ass later on.
    That's a really good point. I like that.

I also like the idea of having to submit a dating C.V. with references. Let's get that going.
    Spammer Spanker