+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: seniors.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Honey, no offense, but you are a kid living at home with your mom. You aren't making a professional salary, else you'd have moved out already, and you wouldn't always be complaining about how broke you are. Sure, every now and then, an under-educated person pulls in a good salary, but they are exceptions. Most people are not exceptional.
    honey, no offense, but there is a reason other than my salary that i live with my family. and it's that i am not a greedy pig and i tend for my family.

you're right, most people aren't exceptional, but i am glad you finally see through to my point.

edit: oh, by the way things are looking on the bright side for my parents, the coast has been clear for a while, and i will feel safe going to college now
    Last edited by anachronistic; 13-08-07 at 08:49 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    honey, no offense, but there is a reason other than my salary that i live with my family. and it's that i am not a greedy pig and i tend for my family.

you're right, most people aren't exceptional, but i am glad you finally see through to my point.

edit: oh, by the way things are looking on the bright side for my parents, the coast has been clear for a while, and i will feel safe going to college now
    There is a difference between your job and the ones she listed.

Fat chance at getting into law, science/engineering, or medical without a degree.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    There is a difference between your job and the ones she listed.

Fat chance at getting into law, science/engineering, or medical without a degree.
    it's merely an argument of words. she said 'professional' which isn't limited to the jobs she's listed.

quite frankly none of those fields are of my interest, well except that web design is a bit of engineering, but not full fledged. i'd say that this type of field requires more of a portfolio than a degree.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 13-08-07 at 08:59 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No point in talking to teenagers. They know everything.

I do have to ask, though, if you are making such great money with no education and already consider yourself to be a professional, then why are you going to school when it presents such a financial burden for you?
    Last edited by vashti; 13-08-07 at 11:00 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No point in talking to teenagers. They know everything.

I do have to ask, though, if you are making such great money with no education and already consider yourself to be a profesional, then why are you going to school when it presents such a financial burden for you?
    • it makes me all the more qualified

• i really don't want to do web design for the rest of my life.

• i am getting a degree in german and computer art because of a dream to be a part of video game/media production, and i want to learn more german because i don't speak it perfect (perhaps teach it one day) and i don't know a whole lot about art, perhaps i will learn techniques that make my art better, and i will do it faster.

• i might not want to do any of that, i might even end up in something i never expected. my mind changes a lot, so college is the place where i will make my final decision.

edit: there are just so many reasons i am going to college, i forget them all. here's another

• to make friends, become more social (i am a bit antisocial right now)

• to learn how to manage my time and be organized

• for the experience of going to college

• to hopefully meet a nice girl
    Last edited by anachronistic; 13-08-07 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i already have a job.. and it is professional.

i know other people who do as well.. had no training, started with only what they knew.
    Define "professional"
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

PhD's. Come on, don't tell me you're not aiming for a PhD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Define "professional"
    A professional can be either a person in a profession (certain types of skilled work requiring formal training / education) or in sports (a sportsman / sportwoman doing sports for payment). Sometimes it is also used to indicate a special level of quality of goods or tools, sometimes also called 'commercial grade'.

edit: source: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional[/url]
    Last edited by anachronistic; 13-08-07 at 01:44 PM.

remember one thing: pain is good.

Only with a heart of chaos can one give birth to a dancing star.

Going to college, like everything else in life, is proving yourself. Unless you want to be a nobody for the rest of your life.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Formal education is important because it opens doors that would otherwise be closed, but I certainly wouldn't call people with no formal education "nobody".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    remember one thing: pain is good.

Only with a heart of chaos can one give birth to a dancing star.

Going to college, like everything else in life, is proving yourself. Unless you want to be a nobody for the rest of your life.
    i probably see things differently than you, offtocollege. what is pain to you is probably fun to me.

careful with the 'hidden' messages, you might give off a wrong idea to a kid on here.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    Unless you want to be a nobody for the rest of your life.
    Yeah, clearly the only way to be "somebody" is through college...

My advice to you is to enjoy every moment of your senior year. Have as much fun as possible. Solidify your friendship with people you want in the rest of your life.
    The biggest thing I would say is don't take it too fast. I wish I was a freshman in high school again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234