+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: cream thief

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    You also forgot the government as well.
    government and big business are one in the same.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    government and big business are one in the same.
    Yes and no.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    yeah, I kinda agree vash. it seems unfair that alcohol and nicotine are legal when less harmful drugs that have actual medical application are illegal. It has nothing to do with the drug, but the industry and big business.
    I am guessing you are referring marijuana, but actually, MJ smoking is associated with all the respiratory diseases that occur with smoking. It isn't harmless, as regular MJ smokers would like to pretend.

Still, I don't care. It should be legal.
    Last edited by vashti; 03-08-07 at 09:14 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am guessing you are referring marijuana, but actually, MJ smoking is associated with all the respiratory diseases that occur with smoking. It isn't harmless, as regular MJ smokers would like to pretend.

Still, I don't care. It should be legal.
    Vash are the problems that MJ can cause worse than or not as worse as smoking a cig? Because one of the things I hear from MJ smokers is, besides "no" medical problems, is that it is safer than smoking a cig.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When it first went into effect, smokers were up in arms, but they got used to it.
    Of course they got "used" to it.

Everybody always gets "used" to it.

Even the jews.

including lung cancer? I guess people mix it with tobacco..?

nah, MJ does have effects. a friend used to smoke it a lot and is now easing back, and said they noticed all kinds of little improvements- ie eyes not as dry, skin better, stuff like that.

it seems like in general all drugs, medical or recreational, have side effects, and if you don't absolutely need to take it for medical reasons, it should be avoided.

don't get me wrong- I've been extremely drunk, somewhat high, and had a trip (pretty scary). but these were pretty much once each things. Experiencing something is one thing, after all "You only live once", but I don't think that's an excuse to muck up your body.. after all, you only have one body.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Vash are the problems that MJ can cause worse than or not as worse as smoking a cig? Because one of the things I hear from MJ smokers is, besides "no" medical problems, is that it is safer than smoking a cig.
    MJ smoked like a cig can be just as harmful. Most of the cancerous effects of cigs comes not from the active drug (nicotine for cigs & THC for cannibis) but from the incomplete burning of the leaves, tar, etc. that goes into making them.

Think of the gunk left in your chimney after burning a fire (its called creosote, btw). Think of that sticky goop in your respiratory tract. Now think of the chemicals in that sticky goop messing up your cellular DNA (b/c it can insert into it & cause problems) & you've about got it right.

If you're gonna do cannibis, try hash. Brownies are good & they won't gunk up your lungs. Or at least a water bong; the water will partially filter the smoke.

I sound like a dope-head, lol. I'm not; I'm a responsible parent. But I *do* live in the ganga capital of the world. Organic, 'BC-Bud'. Best in the world. Also known as SuperPot.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Of course they got "used" to it.

Everybody always gets "used" to it.

Even the jews.
    That is a ridiculous analogy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah, that makes sense. my parents were considering that once. See my mom has a bad knee and her doctor prescribed her this very addictive opiate for it. So we figured cannabis would actually be better, even looked up articles on how to extract the stuff and make "cannabutter" with which you then can make cookies, so that it would absorb slowly and help her feel better for a while.

well, then her knee got better, so we didn't have to

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    i'm sure you have unattractive habits, mr. judgemental.
    not to my knowledge.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is a ridiculous analogy.
    It's not really.

My point being, humans will often give up rights and privileges with merely a squeek. The key is to process the change slowly. Start with the small shit first, then make your way up.

You might think the systematic extermination of minorities in Europe is an extreme example, but that only proves human's ability to cope with difficult and unpleasant situations. It all starts somewhere.

The point being, people will always get "used" to it. I would even suspect the prohibition would've worked had they started small and created stricter laws over a longer period of time.

put a frog in hot water = it'll jump out

put a frog in cold water and slowly heat it up = it'll just sit there and die.

I wonder why people even smoke in the first place. Even smelling that smokey odor makes me choke.

'cos they're addicted.

actually I can see a benefit to smoking- meditation. I started coming with my smoking friends when they were having a smoke break at college. It gives you a nice excuse to drop everything that's stressing you and take five minutes for yourself, or to talk among friends. Of course, you don't really need a cigarette to do that, but it does encourage it.

anachronistic Guest
    the only benefit a cigarette will gain you, is that of a sooner death.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast