+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What razor do you folks use?

What razor do you folks use?

Whether male or female, chime in here.

I started shaving my head a month back. It initially started with a drunken dare, however I like the look so I'll be keeping it for a while. In doing so, I spent some time trying out different razors. Electric shavers, disposables, shaving systems, cheapazz BIC's, I've tried them all. I've narrowed my search down to two options. The Mach 3 and the Matrix 3. The Matrix 3 is a more generic version of the Mach 3. The Matrix cartridges cost about half as much as the Mach's, however, from what I've seen the Matrix blades don't last longer, and the Mach is slightly more comfortable to use.

I'm a college student who works for 100% of everything, so with someone like me who cuts corners everywhere I can to save money sometimes it's hard to make simple decisions like this, cause I can't help but to prefer the more expensive choice.

Anyway, maybe somebody who's used both can chime in here. But besides that, what razor do you folks prefer? I've heard some who swear by dollar store bag of BIC's to those who are hardcore about the Gillette Fusion.

Thoughts?

anachronistic Guest
    i use an electric razor. cheap one. it's called shaveman 2000.

i use electric because it still gives me that nice rough stubble feeling i like. when i want to be smooth, i got a few potato peelers.

my mother bought me the electric razor for my christmas present one year. she wrote on the tag "stop trying to be like me you hairy ho ho ho - santa"

Aegis - that's one thing I've been told about the Mach 3, is that their blades tend to last a decent amount of time. I've shaved 4 times with the Matrix 3, and it feels like I'm shaving with glass now. I've shaved about 5 times with the Mach 3, and it's still pretty damn decent. That says a lot, because I have very thick hair.

I went 2 days without shaving and I busted out the Mach 3. At this point, my head felt like it was some kind of gritty sandpaper. It took longer than usual to shave, because instead of doing a smooth stroke back I had to stop and clean out the razor. However, the Mach 3 did a pretty good job.

Another thing is that the Mach 3 is easy to clean out. Granted, the Matrix 3 is too, but this is more of a comparison to the Schick Quattro I have. The Quattro was a nice razor, real nice, however it has a lot of extra plastic behind the blades, so it's hard to blast it clean, whereas the Mach 3 is open in the back so it's a bit easier.

But, alas, I think I'll be sticking with the Mach 3. It's been a week and the Mach is still pretty decent on the original cartridge. Perhaps I can make it last two weeks? We'll see....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you can grow a respectable beard, use a razor, not electric.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Another thing - I find shaving cream/gel to be horrid. Everytime I shave with shaving gel, my skin gets crazy and I feel like I just shaved off 9 layers of skin, and it just burns, so badly. (this is only true for my head. My face is fine with shaving gel)

I use hair conditioner to shave now. Some girl told me that's what she uses on her legs, so I tried it on my head and I love it. So those of you who want to try something different, try conditioner, it aint a bad choice. Just don't get it in your eyes cause that kinda stings, as expected.

I'm a Nair girl, myself, so I can't really help you.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you can grow a respectable beard, use a razor, not electric.
    are you referring to me? i did use a razor when i had my goatee but now i am just stubbl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    are you referring to me? i did use a razor when i had my goatee but now i am just stubbl.
    LOL! It's not always about you! I didn't even quote your post. That is normally understood to mean that the post is for the original poster.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    LOL! It's not always about you! I didn't even quote your post. That is normally understood to mean that the post is for the original poster.
    and that's why you should quote. not quoting in a swelling thread is like yelling "HEY JOHNNY" at a subway station.

by the way... it *is* always about me and you know it you foxy chick you

You Mach 3 users - how long do you get a single cartridge to last?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Single blade bic.

I used to shave my head regularly.

Don't waste your money on double or triple bladed razors.

Just the normal, single blade cheap-ass bics.

Or buy a pair of electric trimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Single blade bic.

I used to shave my head regularly.

Don't waste your money on double or triple bladed razors.

Just the normal, single blade cheap-ass bics.

Or buy a pair of electric trimmers.
    I tried. But the razors for shaving my head are best if they have a pivoting head. And so far, no razor has matched the quality of the Mach 3 besides the Schick Quattro. I just chose the Mach 3 because it's easier to clean.

Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow, but I can't imagine rolling a BIC over my head. I think I'd rather shave with a piece of glass.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blue toxin View Post
    I tried. But the razors for shaving my head are best if they have a pivoting head. And so far, no razor has matched the quality of the Mach 3 besides the Schick Quattro. I just chose the Mach 3 because it's easier to clean.

Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow, but I can't imagine rolling a BIC over my head. I think I'd rather shave with a piece of glass.
    Pussy.

You just don't know how to shave.

And that's sayin' somethin' 'cause I got some thick fúckin' hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Pussy.

You just don't know how to shave.

And that's sayin' somethin' 'cause I got some thick fúckin' hair.
    What? I do know how to shave... but the Mach 3 was just so damn easy to shave with. I tried one of the 3 blade disposables a while back. It wasn't bad, but it was just so much easier to screw up. With shaving your head, it was just much easier to get a pivoting headed razor so it would just glide right over your head.

edit - I just decided to go in the bathroom and bust out the pack of BIC's I bought a while back. I shaved a rough spot with a BIC, then went over it with the Mach 3. The Mach 3 definitely got a much closer shave, hands down.
    Last edited by blue toxin; 18-08-07 at 11:20 AM.

mach 3 is the best one it shave good

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast