+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it ok to sleep with a friend?

is it ok to sleep with a friend?

i like him very much(i would do anything if he ask). we are very close friends as we are the same type of person and that's why we can only be friends. so i need some advice....

I honestly think that if you 2 are alike that should be an upside of a relationship because if you are u will have alot in common and will get on alot easier with eachother. also most good relationships start of as freindships and it can be only natural for a relationship to develop i personally dont agree with sleeping witha freind i think it complicates things if your jsut going to stay freinds. i think sleeping together should be considered something to do within a relationship thats why i also dont agree with one night stands. because if its with someone you truley like e.g a freind you can get attached and it can ru9in the freindship because one or the other will want mroe because of the emotions you go through during sex, i say emotions because if its withs ome one you love or like its not just sex its making love and its completley different.

anyway simple answer if you dont want a relationship dont sleep with him but he might just want to sleep with you and you wont know unless you ask him will ya so go ask and be honnest. do not lead him on thinking that he will get a relationship and wont tell him from the start my best wishes to you

Well i have a never close friend that i sleep with now and again so yes sometimes it can work but you both need to make sure nothing more is going to come out of it
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think being "friends with benefits" is a really bad idea. It ruins friendships. (We have lots of threads on this topic.) Usually what happens is that one person or the other consciously or unconsciously wants to move from FWB to a legitimate relationship, and it never happens, and then things fall apart, hearts are broken, etc, etc... Usually (but not always), it is the female who suffers disproportionately.

Bad, bad idea.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Friends don't ****. That is all.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Friends don't ****. That is all.
    and neither do old couples.

it does not work that way lol ok. i'm playing poker for real money.

Well mine as work out ok for the past three years but maybe you should take the others advice
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Me and my old best friend ****ed twice. Both after big nights out. At the time I just thought it was something we needed to get out of our systems. I mean I was definitely attracted to her. But it tainted the friendship. We don't even talk anymore.

speaking from experience, you could do that if both parties are totally ok with it, but more often that not, real feelings will come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Me and my old best friend ****ed twice. ... But it tainted the friendship. We don't even talk anymore.
    that' what i fear ....

Like Giga said, Friends do not f**k, period.

Is it ok? are you asking for our moral judgment on this?...cause I can assure you that you or your friend will not die after if you do go through with it and have no disease, but how will you feel and what do you think of it, I can not predict the emotional impact. Some people are more touchy and emotional then others.

On the other hand I think your reason for not being able to date him/her is stupid. Being alike is most of the time the main reason people get and survive together.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I think your reason for not being able to date him/her is stupid. Being alike is most of the time the main reason people get and survive together.
    we're both too pessimistic to be together.

If you truly value your relationship, then I wouldn't do it. It complicates things. I have a couple good guy friends that I know would sleep with me but I never even consider it because I value their friendship too much. It seems like you have already decided that you wouldn't want to move the relationship further than a friendship so your best bet is to not do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast