+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This is a great story!

Smile This is a great story!

I found this on another web site!

Today was one of the best days I can remember as far as my love life goes. I have been married for over 15 years to a wonderful man. We live in Dartmouth, Massachusetts near the water, and enjoy a fulfilling life. My husband, Frank, is your typical husband, works hard, sacrifices for his children and much more. He is the breadwinner in the family and is the rock that our family gravitates towards. He is a man’s man, likes to hunt, loves sports, plays cards with his buddies, and can fix anything that is broken around the house.

His only downfall, although I don’t consider it a downfall, is his romanticism. Yes, he does buy me flowers for my birthday and always remembers our anniversary, but when it comes to satisfying my emotional needs(yes women you know what I mean) he falls just a little short. Don’t get me wrong, I love this man with all my being and will do anything needed to spread love in my family, but some needs to go unmet.

I am not really complaining, because it is like winning the lottery 9 out of 10 times, you can’t win them all. I am thankful that I have such a great family and an incredible husband. I just took the romantic/emotional issue as just a fact of life. Like I said we cannot win them all, no one is perfect.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Frank proved to me yesterday that he is the ultimate husband. When he came home from a long day at work driving his truck I was so happy to see him. I had dinner all ready and both of our children were home and we enjoyed a great dinner. It was fantastic having the whole family together. Everyone was in a great mood and you could feel the love around the table. Frank seemed to be in a real jovial mood, monkeying around with the kids and being the great dad that he always is. We finished up dinner, cleaned up and started to get ready for bed. I truly felt content and could not imagine being happier. Frank was acting a little strange and goofy so I asked him what was going on. He said he had a surprise for me, I was so excited. Frank isn’t usually the surprising type so I was extremely intrigued.

Then, Frank started to get serious. He started to tell me things, emotional things, he really began to open up to me. I couldn’t believe it. I thought my husband was great, but now he was talking to me about feelings, it was amazing. I was ecstatic. So, we just chatted for a while, then when I didn’t think it could get any better Frank made the most amazing gesture that a man could make to a woman. He said this to me, “Honey, I have loved you for so long, I have always been faithful and I consider you to be the best wife a man could have. I feel honored that you decided to spend your days on this earth with me.” I was speechless. This was coming from a man who struggled to ask me out on our first date 17 years ago. To hear him express his feelings so beautifully and that his feelings were so loving towards me was actually bliss. I couldn’t remember being happier or more content.

Then, if this was not enough my husband gave me an envelope with a heart on it and he said, “Meredith, I love you more than words can say. I hope this act gives you as much joy as I am getting from giving it to you.” I was stunned. I opened the envelope and inside there was a certificate, on the top was printed, “ Heart Deed”. My husband was giving me a deed to his heart, I started to cry. The final line on the deed was, “To you I deed my heart”, and there was Frank’s signature. I never really felt anything like it. I feel we have grown so much together and have made a bit of happiness in this chaotic world. I feel blessed. I asked him where he got it and he said he got it at the local florist. What a great idea. The comany's name is Heart Deeds.

Well, it took weeks to get a smile off of my face. My friends and family told me I was acting like a teenager in love. I didn’t care. I knew I was loved and it felt great.

Meredith

She is one lucky lady
    Last edited by nancyg; 29-08-07 at 10:56 PM. Reason: I missed some text

And i care why?

I'm sorry i do not get the happiness in the story. Next

what a long gay story

Exclamation no4

I cant wait till I get the gold I purchased for so far im hearing freinds saying its a trustworthy site.